SManager V2.2.7 (beta)

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
AREA876

Re: SManager V2.2.7 (beta)

Post by AREA876 »

There is still a Glitch in Close Loop as you can see from the screen shot Close Loop has been selected but the other parameters (conditions, short term fuel trim and rate of change) are still not activated until you open and close the setting window.
Attachments
Close Loop Glitch.bmp
Close Loop Glitch.bmp (2.93 MiB) Viewed 15846 times
Close Loop Glitch 1.bmp
Close Loop Glitch 1.bmp (2.93 MiB) Viewed 15846 times
Close Loop Glitch 2.bmp
Close Loop Glitch 2.bmp (2.93 MiB) Viewed 15846 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

noted. If you just save the calibration then the rest of the options will be available. This should be fixed in the next release.
Hserious

Post by Hserious »

Is it me or are the Strange Gauge features no longer enabled? In our cal its greyed out and cannot be enabled. Attempting to use a clutch line pressure transducer as an interrupt activator.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, it was removed last year.
Hondata
Hserious

Post by Hserious »

Hondata wrote:Yes, it was removed last year.
Can it still be enabled, or are you limited to the programming throughput available? It is a nice feature we used when when setup correctly, the voltage threshold does not allow for premature activation of the interrupt. Our luck it's been a year since we've been able to use it.
Johnny_9

Re: SManager V2.2.5 (beta)

Post by Johnny_9 »

SPOOLIN wrote:
Johnny_9 wrote:
whiterabbit wrote:Is there some reason why we can't add more than 20 rows to the ignition and fuel tables?
use boost tables
he said ROWS not COLUMNS.
Use secondary tables to add more rows...
skullbasher

Post by skullbasher »

I'm sure I am a little late but I just wanted to say thanks for updating the s300 and adding separate rev limits and shift lights per gear; I remember requesting this not too long ago. Took a while but at least it was done, thanks.

On a side note I have another problem that I seem to run into quite often. Currently on my car I have 8psi spring that I stretch with your solenoid all the way to 23 psi and after playing with the duty cycles, I can get it to hold just nicely without any problem consistently. For a couple years I have been running a somewhat large 60-1 turbo for my built low compression b18b1 non vtec and it would normally take up to 6100rpm to hit 20psi and even though I didn't feel any massive lag, I knew that I could get more out of it with better boost control. Then miraculously you guys updated the s300 with the quickspool option which literally did wonders for me!! I was on the verge of buying a new smaller turbo that would spool a lot faster but after I set up the "quickspool" I was able to get the turbo to spool to full 23psi by 5200rpm(instead of the previous 20psi by 6100) and my car felt crazy responsive and definitely fattened my torque powerband.

BUT...... It did take me a while to setup the quickspool correctly. I noticed that because my turbo was spooling way faster, I had to raise the duty cycles in earlier rpms. The reason why I had to do this was because when the solenoid went from 99% pwm back to the values I set in the "duty cycle table" it would oscillate the boost pressure causing weird sounds from what I'm assuming was my wastegate dumptube. But after tuning the duty cycle tables I was able to fix this and got my turbo to quickspool to 20psi and hold at 23psi firmly.

In conclusion I noticed that everything was working but I found one inherent problem that was forcing me to take out my laptop and switch the values pretty constantly. In the boost tables there is a high and low boost option and I basically have to switch the quickspool values to avoid oscillation whenever I would switch from my high boost map to my low boost map. In my low boost map I have my "duty cycle table" setup to spool 8-14psi depending on gear, but in my high boost map I spool 8-23psi depending on gear. So when I setup my quickspool values to my high boost table and I switch to the low boost table, I get oscillation since the values are too high(on the quickspool table). So as a solution I ask if maybe you guys can possibly create two separate quickspool tables, one for the low and one for the high boost table.

thanks
Albert
nicob18c spec

Post by nicob18c spec »

Hi I just noticed an error in the 2.2.7 version, in the rev limits and shift light sections we can't change the overall numbers we can only change it by gear
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This replaces the overall. Rather than just having one revlimit, you can now set one for each gear.
b16itb

Post by b16itb »

EDIT: The problem was the TPS. I just recalibrated and it solved the issue.
Attachments
itbhondata.s3d
datalog
(117.96 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Last edited by b16itb on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WickedCivicNY

Post by WickedCivicNY »

Anyone else having issues with performance degradation to uploading changes ? I have a dedicated clean laptop only for tuning, since 2.2.7.. Uploads clock for a few seconds for every small change.
Luke

Post by Luke »

don't know exactly if it is a problem with my laptop or SManager:

2 days ago, on the racetrack (Zolger in Belgium) we wanted to log some data onboard.

after our stint i wanted to download the logs to my laptop, but that didn't work properly.

best regards Lukas
9queSt

Post by 9queSt »

closed loop advanced.... target lambada (load).....

its stuck at 0 load. as of now the datalog is highlighting 30psi the load is stuck at 0.
Attachments
clossedloopidle.skl
(40.24 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
1700supra.s3d
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (130.03 KiB) Viewed 15739 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

change your units in the sensor list to KPA and you will see it then traces correctly
9queSt

Post by 9queSt »

Spunkster wrote:change your units in the sensor list to KPA and you will see it then traces correctly
It works. I like viewing the datalog in psi. if i leave it on psi with the clossed loop still work?