S300 Password problem...

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
CavemanXXL

S300 Password problem...

Post by CavemanXXL »

Hi!

Few days ago, we have parted our ways with my tuner. But we ended on bad terms so i don't want to communicate with him no matter what.

Let's skip the story part.

He registered the S300 on his name when he first connected, and put a upload password. You can already download the map without knowing the password, so why put password ? WTF ?

Anyways, i have sent a query to you(Hondata via website) explaining the situation but i haven't recieved any replies yet and i have connected a meth kit so i need to retune my car with my new tuner.

So;

The question is:

Is there a way to remove this password, or get rid of it so we can tune my car with my ECU ?

Thanks in advance...

PS: I live in Turkey so sending the S300 to US and back would mean 4-6 weeks, so it is out of the question. And i can provide any necessary information(serial(s), photo of anything you need,...etc).

PS 2: I don't care if a method would result that the tune(map/calibration) on my S300 would be lost. I just want my S300 back, that's it.

PS 3: I've learnt my lesson that i shouldn't have let my old tuner register MY S300 with his information, so don't worry, this will be a one time thing.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: S300 Password problem...

Post by Spunkster »

Check your spam email box as I believe we have replied to you already.

In this case you will have to either get the password from your old tuner or you will have to get him to change the registration information to your details.
CavemanXXL

Post by CavemanXXL »

Checked my spam box, there is nothing.
Just in case, my e-mail is: m.ugur.islam@gmail.com

If i change the information on my S300 there will be a e-mail sent to my old tuner and he has to confirm the change via clicking a link sent by the system to him, right ?

Btw, what if he denies the information change request ? What would happen then ? Or doesn't gives me the password ?

PS: Thank you for the fast response...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Only the person with the password can make a change to the registered owner.

No matter what has happened your old tuner still has the obligation to unlock the device so it can be used. If he refuses you may want to consider legal action against him as he has esentailly denied you the use of something you have purchased.
CavemanXXL

Post by CavemanXXL »

I completely agree with you but since i live in Turkey and purchased the S300 from US, AND since our justice system is very bad, considering legal action is out of the question i'm afraid.

I hoped that you could contact me so i could provide the necessary information that proves that i'm the owner of the device so you could help me out remotely or giving me a method that i could reset the device since i don't care about the map inside.
El Verdugo

Post by El Verdugo »

SO what ever happened in this case?
My client's situation is even worse, he bought a used s300 from a wrecked car that was in a fatal car crash and the owner actually died in this car. So there is no resetting this password, since the registered person is the one that died.