ELD d10 not working! can only use d14 primary o2 sensor

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
forevertrj

ELD d10 not working! can only use d14 primary o2 sensor

Post by forevertrj »

Honda civic b16a JDM motor with Garret GT3076R Turbo, Stock bottom end, 850cc injectors(high impedance needle type).

I'm having issues with my ecu and running my wideband on the ELD input, I've tuned my map on the D14 Primary O2 sensor input, obviously the range on the O2 input is from about 1.0v to 3.97v, and after reading a bunch of posts I decided to switch to the ELD input, but when doing so my car would run like a bag of shit and not idle or anything, I only have a wideband on the down pipe and both primary and secondary stock O2 sensors have been removed, O2 heater has been disabled in the calibration, and the tune runs fine when my widebands white wire is connected to D14, but as soon as I remove it from pin d14 or update the calibration to the d10 ELD after moving the widebands white wire over to D10 physically. the car no longer wants to run or idle, any insight? also I'll upload my calibration soon

things I have tried:
I have removed resistor 136 and 138 didn't exist on my board, I tried using ELD D10 with and without the r136 resistor.
I have tried connecting my stock Primary O2 sensor back up to it's stock pin D14 just so it would have a voltage reading while my wideband was connected to D10.
I run my tune in open loop always as when I try to use (Target wideband voltage or lambda) car begins running like crap or not idling at all and just dies in closed loop.
I've tried using pin D10 and D14 simultaneously and setting D10 as the wideband source with no luck(I was thinking I might use diodes to isolate any positive voltages from backtracking to either input but will probably be unnecessary once the stock O2 Sensor is installed into the new DP)
I think in the long run I'll end up putting the stock O2 sensor into a new bung and trying to run in closed loop and then switching to D10 ELD for when I'm over -13 In-Hg (inch of mercury)

feel free to check my calibration there isn't much to say for the data logs other than the ELD does see my voltage correctly when the UEGO AEM wideband O2 sensor is unplugged and gives off the 2.35v and sits at 14.7, so does the Primary O2 if I have the wideband connected to that input wire.
B16A_GarettT3076R_850cc_4PSI_VTECDisabled_D14wideband.skl
B16a Head rebuilt GSR cams, Ferrea springs, GT3076R Turbo, ARP head studs, Cometic Head Gasket
(40.19 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ELD d10 not working! can only use d14 primary o2 sensor

Post by Spunkster »

Its really hard to say what it could be without seeing the datalog of the issue.
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

Ok so I'll try a few things and log them I'll first have the car running and then remove the wdieband from d14 o2 sensor input as I've gotten my fuel tables perfect as of this morning.

Then I'll switch to d10 eld input with car off update the tune and datalog startup and running conditions

Do you want me to try and set the closed loop as well as open loop in 2 different datalogs?, I want to get my eld problem resolved before I start troubleshooting the closed loop issues,
Lyle_57IAL

Post by Lyle_57IAL »

Yes I have the Exact same issue - please let me know the outcome !?
AREA876

Post by AREA876 »

I have a P72 JDM ECU and Innovate LC1 Wideband, I have tried all the inputs and D14 in my case gives an exact reading when comparing it with the Innovate LogWork software and that is with 0v offset. The thing with the LC1 is I can set a output test volt and see in Smanager if it receives the same voltage. An eample of my test on B6, LC1 test voltage of 0 got me 0.71v in Smanager. Test with D14 1v = 1v all the way to 3.8v. I know D14 doesn't have a wide range but it is a useful range. I hope this helps.
Last edited by AREA876 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

I'll let everyone know the outcome once I have the time again to muddle around with my ecu and wire harness, my smanager reads the d14 perfectly and if I unplug the aem wideband from the sensor in the exhaust pipe the voltage reads 2.34 constant like it should at 14.7 Afr, sorry if my voltage is wrong I'm just replying from my phone, the issue I was having is when migrating to the eld d10 input and removing the wideband from d14 the stock o2 sensor input, the smanager would read the voltage fine on d10 but for some reason in open loop the car would start compensating fuel because there was no longer an input voltage on the stock o2 sensor input, even though in the calibration I had told the ecu to use the eld d10 input for the Afr reference voltage, now I tried hooking up a stock o2 sensor to d14 while the wideband was on d10 but i only have one bung for sensors on my downpipe, don't worry guys I'll post results when I get back onto this issue.
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

Time to bring this baby back from the dead! update: 2017-06-21 The issue all along for me was that there needs to be voltage on d14 for the car to even start(i assume). for some reason there is a fail safe in the ecu(i can only assume), that will not let the car run unless there is a voltage present on d14. (********* IF you have a static voltage of 3.83volts on D14 Primary O2 in the sensor list of Smanager: your O2 sensor isn't plugged into the right port, or there is something wrong with your wiring if using the stock O2 Sensor****) (***** Also if your wide band is past 17 AFR as D14 only has resolution up to 3.83v without some modifications*************) I have since done some rewiring and found that the O2 sensor plug i was using was for the secondary and not the primary O2 sensor. I now have the 0.5v at idle for 14.7 AFR's on D14 Primary O2 and my wideband on D10 and getting my 2.34 volts or w/e it is at 14.7 AFR's and the car is happy. I'm now having surging issues when in open loop during idle, my closed loop runs fine and the Short and Long term trims are about 2-5% at most, I set my idle and I can't reach 450rpm, I can't see or hear any vacuum leaks but I'm sure it might be the hondata intake gasket and I'll have to torque my nuts down some more. Side note: the issue I had with my old tunes was the fuel rail pressure was too low and is now at stock 43.5psi and I have the injector size corrected to 906cc from the 852cc on 1000cc Fuel injector clinic injectors. Also the dead times are spot on from the datasheet as the injectors were tested at 906cc at 43.5psig.
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should be able to start the car with the o2 sensor completely removed. If you can't then there sounds like there is a wiring fault somewhere.
danyo655

Post by danyo655 »

I might be missing something in the software that allows the eld to read the wideband, ive went through all the normal steps and have confirmed perfect voltage going into the ecu from the AEM UEGO via multimeter. correct resistors were removed and wire was cut in jumper harness and wideband white wire hooked to d10 to the ecu. ground is a good clean chassis ground. attached is a datalog to show my configuration. ecu is a p06 converted to run vtec. engine is a boosted f20b. car is a 96 accord wagon.
Attachments
wideband issue1.s3d
(730.89 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post the calibration used to record this datalog.
danyo655

Post by danyo655 »

calibration
Attachments
f20bturbo.skl
(48.91 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Double check your pin locations as it sounds like you may have it wired to the wrong pin. Also check with a multimeter at the ECU pin to see if the voltage matches what is being datalogged.
danyo655

Post by danyo655 »

Will do tomorrow, thanks for the tip
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

you sure your looking at the ECU D10 pin correctly? all the schematics online are oriented as if you were looking at the back of the D plug and it was plugged into the ecu, from left to right, alternating numbers top to bottom so top row is 1,3,5,7,9,11,13.... and bottom row is 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16....
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!
danyo655

Post by danyo655 »

Issues fixed... I guess 13 hrs of sleep in a whole week isn't helping 🤣 my dumbass was counting five pins over and then connecting to the unused wire right next to it instead of connecting to the fifth pin which is eld. I feel like a jackass, thanks for the help everyone.