Advanced Protection - More Strategies (quantity, 8 inputs)

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
forevertrj

Re: Advanced Protection - More Strategies (quantity, 8 inputs)

Post by forevertrj »

On my smanager i can only see rpm and map pressure there is no pulldown that has oil pressure I'll screen shot my application tonight maybe it's a bug I've found
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Do you have an oil pressure input as an analog input?
Hondata
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

No I guess I don't, I've read lots of help files None of witch state that you need to use the analog inputs, can't hondata access the VTEC pressure sensor or the stock oil pressure sensor? I will make a fake analog input when j get home and see
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The oil pressure switch is not connected to the ECU, and provides an on/off signal at very low pressure. The VTEC pressure switch is grounded except in VTEC, and again is only on/off.
Hondata
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

good to know!, any recommendations for the best oil pressure sensor? i saw there was an option for a PLX sensor, and I just tried adding a sensor to the analog input page and i could see it on the protections page after making it! can't remember how I forgot that I had to add an analog input but I've searched lots of criteria but couldn't find a blurb on it, maybe add some text to the help file stating that you need to wire sensors to the analog input on the hondata board and relating it to the protections tab. thanks for adding 2 more inputs for protection though!!! is that the maximum limit? or is it hard to add more? like 8 slots for custom protection?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

For pressure I used the autometer 2246 sensor directly wired. See http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/an ... essure.htm

There's not much room in the ROM to add more protection inputs.
Hondata
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

thanks so much! this has given me a few ideas and plans for my future setup and safety features.
Lyle_57IAL

Post by Lyle_57IAL »

Hi Hondata thank you very much !

Although how do the advanced protections work if you are not using the "and" or "or" functions. If you have it set as nothing will that mean each box will effectively act as its own protection ?
Sir[Kneighf]

Post by Sir[Kneighf] »

Currently our board is entering production, it will use a Arduino to receive the inputs for the extra sensors and will only outup one "master safe" that can be used by the analog inputs "advanced protection".

I am facing dificulties with the analog inputs as I can't see any voltage in Hondata :/ but I will create a new topic for it.