Solid CEL, no fuel pump, flashing red D2

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
morgan100

Solid CEL, no fuel pump, flashing red D2

Post by morgan100 »

I have emailed this to Hondata support already. Wanted to post this in here to see I anyone else has some input. I have already searched and read many many posts about solid CEL etc.

Name: Andrew Morgan

Car: Honda Integra Type R 1996 JDM Import

Engine: B18c

ECU: P30 from EG VTI uk OBD1

Engine modifications: Exhaust manifold, Decat, Backbox

Hondata serial number: 31905

4 years ago I purchased and had installed by Htune a Hondata S300v3 with PWM components. I ran this in my boosted Del Sol for 3 years with no issues.

I recently installed it in my DC2 and had it remapped. The car ran without issue driving the 50 miles home.

Once the car was home I installed a set of cam gears (purely for cosmetic reasons, they are both set at 0deg). When removing the timing belt I noticed it had been installed with the cams at TDC but the crank pulley was at the red 16deg mark not TDC. I reinstalled everything as it should be to TDC and started the car. It ran for 5 minutes then cut out, solid CEL, no fuel pump with ignition on and a flashing red light at D2 on the board.

I attempted to connect to the Hondata using the bluetooth app on my phone. The app can see the Hondata when I click 'connect' but shows no data or codes.
I connected the laptop, checked for updates and installed 2.6.6.0. When doing this my laptop updated the firmware on the ecu also. Before I got a chance to open the software the CEL cleared itself and I could hear the fuel pump prime.
I started the car and it ran no problem up to temperature. I checked the base timing which was a little off at 18deg BTDC.
At this point the options in the software to upload calibrations and datalog were available.

I drove the car to a track day (30miles) and managed 3 laps before the car cut out again with a solid CEL, no fuel pump and red flashing D2.
Attempted to connect with bluetooth again but this time the app will not even see the ECU to connect.
Connected the laptop and it shows as online, I have all green ticks on the s300 window but I cannot upload or datalog and most importantly it shows no error code.

I spoke to my tuner who is telling me the CEL etc. has nothing to do with the timing belt being off originally and that a solid CEL and not being able to upload is a problem with the ECU.

I had ran the DC2 on the stock ECU for almost a year with no issues. With the timing belt off by 16deg surely this would have been very noticeable with the running of the engine?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Solid CEL, no fuel pump, flashing red D2

Post by Spunkster »

replied via email