Biginner Questions

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Biginner Questions

Post by Spunkster »

You must set the idle with the engine warm and the idle controller disconnected, and it should idle at about 450-550.
90TegGSR

Post by 90TegGSR »

Yes, I did that and can't get anywhere near that low.

That's why I cranked the duty level way down.
Thx
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it will not idle that low with the idle controller disconnected, then there is a problem with the throttle body leaking.
90TegGSR

Post by 90TegGSR »

I looked for vacuum leaks.... somewhat, I'll look more thuroughly. I didn't want to spray TB cleaner all over the intake and vacuum lines, so I'm looking for something else.

Thx
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

You're going to need a professional tune either way. So at this point you're better off just leaving it as is and let the tuner handle everything from here on out.
90TegGSR

Post by 90TegGSR »

There's no tuner 'round here that I'd trust. I think the basemap that came with hondata is fine for my car. Am I wrong?

I just need to figure out what is wrong. It might take me a while, and I've got it idling at 800. Takes a five seconds to drop there....

Otherwise it's running great. My car buzzes a bit near idle. I guess that's the Hasport mounts.
Maine112

Post by Maine112 »

hi, what and where did you get your basemap because the one that hondata is giving me isn't giving me the right AFR the car doesn't run or idle without my foot on the gas.
90TegGSR wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:22 pm .
I've only uploaded one base map...and drove it. It ran very well.

How would I find out if they were disabled or not? Can you download the current basemap the ECU is using?
Thanks