Odd TPS Issue d16 1994 civic

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
bldzrr

Odd TPS Issue d16 1994 civic

Post by bldzrr »

Hey everyone! I'm having a weird problem with what I believe is my TPS. I just picked up s300 v2 for my fresh vitara build. I calibrated the TPS with no issues and under sensors it reads just fine when the car is off with datalogging on. However when I drive the car I seem to get a 0% reading on the TPS and whenever I hit ~2000rpm the car just completely cuts out and doesn't respond to throttle until the rpm falls back down to ~1000rpm. Is this just simply my TPS that needs to be replaced? Just weird how it appears to work with the car off but doesn't like to work while driving the car. I attached a datalog to show what's happening.
Attachments
tps_issue.s3d
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Odd TPS Issue d16 1994 civic

Post by Spunkster »

It probably has to do with vibration. It is more than likely either a bad TPS sensor or a wiring issue.

bldzrr

Post by bldzrr »

Yeah I was thinking it may be due to that. Would it help to zip tie the tps plug to the sensor to hold it tight maybe? Or is it the actual vibration within the sensor itself?

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The TPS has a ceramic circuit board that crack with vibration.
Hondata

bldzrr

Post by bldzrr »

perfect i’ll replace it and report back with results.

bldzrr

Post by bldzrr »

so I replaced the tps, still doing it. What I figured out is the tps is actually reading but there seems to be a dead spot for the first little bit of my pedal. After that dead spot is when the tps begins to read, as long as the tps is above 0% the car won't cut out but as soon as I let off the gas it cuts. Is there something in the ecu that may be causing the car to cut out while I'm accelerating with a tps reading of 0%? How do I go about making the tps read as soon as my pedal pushes in? Would tightening the throttle cable do so? It didn't cut out on the stock ecu and had 0 problems so I'm not sure what's going on.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like the cable needs to be adjusted. The pedal has no effect on anything...Its all about the throttle actually opening and closing.

bldzrr

Post by bldzrr »

Yes I’m going to play with it tomorrow and see what happens. I’ll adjust cable to get rid of that dead spot in the start of the pedal

bldzrr

Post by bldzrr »

Reporting back, issue is fixed! I made a stupid mistake and the TPS tong wasn't in the throttle body properly lol