Super tech comp pistons 84.5mm
Manley rods
King bearings
Gsr oil pump
B16a head stock valves and cams
Dual valve springs
Skunk2 68mm throttle body
Hondata 3000

My issue is that the only way the car will start after sitting warm days cold days etc is by advancing the the dizzy all the way car runs fine but it’s all the way advanced I recently got a data log on the car boosted great except when I took it out of gear at about 70 to let it roll to slow down the car shut off(present in the data log) the hard starting is not in the data log as trying to crank the car stops the data log

Can someone look over my tune and help me out? I am new to the tuning stuff and don’t want to really mess it up
95boostedteggt

Re: lsvtec turbo s300 help

Post by 95boostedteggt »

here is the data log from the run
datalogmrunning lsvtec 3-26-21.s3d
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 89 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like the cam timing may not be set correctly, or it has jumped a tooth. You should verify that the mechanical timing is correct.
95boostedteggt

Post by 95boostedteggt »

So tonight I did try and sync timing within the car opened hondata to the set timing cleverer set at 16* pulled the timing light out couldn’t get past 14 degrees all the way advanced which I believe is kind of common on non oem distributors i then jumped the service plug under the dash as it’s a 95 gsr shell, when I jumped the plug the car went haywire the hondata began flashing red and the laptop froze out and did all sorts of crazy things the car began to idle very oddly would randomly sputter out.... I was able to get someone to start the car and give it a little gas to keep it running and the timing still seemed to come out at 14 degrees....
The question is do i now change the hondata to 14 degrees on the screen for set timing? Is there some sort of short out

Should I not be jumping the plug because I have hondata?

Just kind of lost and the mechanic giving me a hand was not sure about jumping the plug with hondata but we both knew the plug should be jumped on a stock motor ecm to set timing
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

YOu do not have to jump anything when using the set timing function. It sounds like you mechanical timing is improperly set or it has jumped a tooth. You need to remove the valve cover and check the cam timing with the timing belt.