New s300 v2 hook up 94 b18c integra circle track car issues

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Troy

New s300 v2 hook up 94 b18c integra circle track car issues

Post by Troy »

I've been reading about Hondata tuning for 2 years now since I bought and raced my 94 integra circle track car.
It had a obd1 chipped computer with a decent tune. after blowing up the motor I replaced it with another motor and the tune sucked and the motor ran like crap. Thats when I decided to get a new obd1 with Hondata s300 v2 installed in it.
The car starts an runs but No vtec. I did all the resurch and had no vss signal. I fixed that issue new sensor and a wire directly to pin b20. Still no vtec. the tune seems good, rpm, gear, speed, all coming up. there is no o2 sensor in the car and cel 02 heater is coming up. I have a aem wideband coming and hoping that fixes the no vtec issue. I have a coulple questions for the experts...
1- how did the car run so good on a chipped esc with no o2 sensor ?
2- the vss sensor was not hooked up before also, why does Hondata need it?
3-after the wideband hook up if the vtec still wont engage what elese should I look at. (the selenoid will click and light comes on when I hot wire 12v to the wire, it is a known working unit)
Thanks in advance Troy
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: New s300 v2 hook up 94 b18c integra circle track car issues

Post by Spunkster »

Does your ECU have the components needed for VTEC to operate?

When you datalog do you see a VSS reading?

The o2 sensor has nothing to do with VTEC operation.
DaX

Post by DaX »

The previous "chip tune" may have had closed loop disabled and was only running in open loop - this is how you can run with no oxygen sensor. Have you verified that in your Hondata tune that the o2 sensor heater is disabled? You should be able to disable it and get rid of the check engine light for the o2 heater.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:23 am Does your ECU have the components needed for VTEC to operate?

When you datalog do you see a VSS reading?

The o2 sensor has nothing to do with VTEC operation.
when I data log everything comes up. rpm what gear, mph, temps,

I disabled the o2 heater and the vtec pressure switch. If I put 12v to the vtec selenoid it clicks.
the hondata was installed in a new obd1 by a trained professional.
Thanks for answering...
Troy

Post by Troy »

DaX wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:49 pm The previous "chip tune" may have had closed loop disabled and was only running in open loop - this is how you can run with no oxygen sensor. Have you verified that in your Hondata tune that the o2 sensor heater is disabled? You should be able to disable it and get rid of the check engine light for the o2 heater.
yes I desabled the o2 heater and made sure the vtec selenoid was hooked up to d6 pin. it clicks when I put 12v to it. And the light come on also.
TTR

Post by TTR »

Does the motor have high enough oil pressure? Have you done the vtec oil psi test? Set the vtec parameters to the pic. Start the engine, rev to 3500 and check voltage at the solenoid. If it has 12 volts, then check oil pressure.
Attachments
vtec.png
vtec.png (7.51 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post a picture of the inside of the ECU.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I got the vtec to work. it ended up being the tps sensor. I changed the throttle body and the vtec worked. Thank you guys for all your help. now that everything is working it will go to get dyno tuned soon!