p28obd 2b plx wideband m300 question?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
tboostdsi

p28obd 2b plx wideband m300 question?

Post by tboostdsi »

i was wondering what wire to hook up my wideband output from my plx device so i can datalog in closed loop. this would be very helpful so i can tune. anyhow, i have read to hook it up to d10 on the ecu wire but my ecu doesn't have a "D" connector, it only has A,B,C.......please help, thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That is the D connector, and we do not recommend doing any wiring at the ecu. We recommend connecting it to the O2 plug in the engine bay. More details are at http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html
tboostdsi

RE

Post by tboostdsi »

so my oem o2 will be hanging freely if i do this or i could cut it off??? but once this is done, i run the plxm300 (white wire ) wideband output back outside my car and tap into the oem o2 sensor plug since the plx is inside the vehicle correct. once this is done, i tap into the green or white wire on the oem o2 sensor??? sorry and thanks for all the help i am new to al of this.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Unplug the stock sensor, find a dead sensor and use the plugs and wire from it to make a harness for the plx. The link states how to do this.
tboostdsi

RE:

Post by tboostdsi »

ok, thanks for all the help so far, i already have my plx grounded to the chassi by the ecu, do i need to do everything the instructions are telling me or can i just keep this ground. in other words, should i run the ground outside the car as well and hook it up to the harness that i am making w the oem 02 sensor plug? thanks. oh and its ok to not have my narrowband from my plx hooked up since i am only trying to use wideband correct? thanks again. i dont plan on hooking up the resistors for simulated o2 heater code (41) as i have it turned of in the s manager. thanks.....
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IF you want to run in closed loop you need to hook the narrowband signal into the stock o2 input. YOu can use the ELD input for the wideband signal. Any good chassis ground will work. You can get switched 12v power form the fuse box.
tboostdsi

RE:

Post by tboostdsi »

Sorry for all the quest. i feel like an ediot. my next question is if i have the narrowband going to the stock o2 sendor wire, where and what wire is the ELD. all the making of the harness to plug into the stock o2 plug is for the narrowband input correct.? i already have ground and 12v sorce for the plx device all i have to do know is hook up the wideband wire and the narrowband wire. why wouldnt i just run the wideband wire to the o2 signal input wire where you told me to run the narrowband? i found on the ecu harness diagram "A" 30 is the ELD wire, it this the one? thanks 4 the help........