ELD wire?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
tboostdsi

ELD wire?

Post by tboostdsi »

trying to hook up my eld wire with the wideband output wire from the plxm300 on an obd2b hondata ecu. ecu is chipped for s300. narrowband wire from plx is going to stock o2 sensor connector in engine bay. everything is hooked up accept the wideband output wire from the plx and i guess i am suppose to hook it up to the eld wire. which one is this or any help would be greatly appreciated......thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

http://www.hondata.com/techwiringgsr.html

ELD wire must be disconnected from the actual ELD so the ecu is not getting that signal
Last edited by Spunkster on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tboostdsi

RE: ELD

Post by tboostdsi »

OK, maybe i am confused of what the actual "ELD" is. once this eld wire is disconnected, do i hook up the wideband output from the plx device to the eld which i just disconnected?
in other words what is the eld and where can i find it. thanks agian!!!!
tboostdsi

re:

Post by tboostdsi »

so after doing some research, i am guessing the eld wire is somewhere on the fuse block either inside the car or outside the car....i am going to go see if i can find it. thanks......
Djbower1

Post by Djbower1 »

I took the eld wire from the ecu end Pin D10

You need to cut the wire going into D10 @ the ecu and connect M300 wd to the ecu side of the wire.

Excuse the basic picture :)
tboostdsi

re: dj

Post by tboostdsi »

alright, first off, thanks for your help....i get that i need to cut the wire going into d10. but my ecu doesnt have a "D" plug. only has an A,B,and C.....i have a p28 obd2b w s300. i have searched my ecu and found out that A30 is my "eL" (electronic load detector) wire. The connection where "D" goes is empty, there is no harness that goes to d"???? thanks for all the help.
----------------or i could just find the eld in the engine bay at the fuse box and cut it there and then hook up the wideband there?
RMS

Post by RMS »

your ecu actually has A, B, and D... C is missing :) a few special application ecus came with it. you are in no way the first to make that mistake.
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net
tboostdsi

re:

Post by tboostdsi »

if that were true that would be very helpful but here is the other side of the fact that is confusing me.....
here is my ecu and exactly what my ecu looks like p28obd2b
http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.p ... post&id=34
RMS

Post by RMS »

sorry, i didn't realize you had an obdI ecu with the obdII plug on it. obdIIa vs obdIIb is the issue you are having... one lacks C the other lacks D. check the pinout for the other and you'll see what i mean :)
hope that gets you going.
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net