A/F dropping to 10:1 while shifting

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Locked
kaj
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm

A/F dropping to 10:1 while shifting

Post by kaj » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:02 am

when i shift, my A/F drops down to the mid 10:1 range. this is more a problem while shifting quickly @ full throttle.
the car falls on it's face then picks up. if i don't let completely off the throttle, this is not a problem.
i have datalogs of this happening as well as my config file if you guys need to see it.
it's almost as if the injectors are just taking their time stopping the flow of fuel.

does ANYONE have any ideas. i'm going crazy!

tboostdsi
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:06 pm

Post by tboostdsi » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:06 am

get it tuned! if your motor falls on its face then picks back up sounds like your a/f needs some serious adjustment.

kaj
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm

Post by kaj » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:06 pm

tboostdsi wrote:get it tuned! if your motor falls on its face then picks back up sounds like your a/f needs some serious adjustment.
well. yeah. that's why i'm asking. the tune is pending, but i see no reason why i can't fix this in the mean time.


if anyone knows what causes this, please let me know. i don't mind doing the work, i just can't figure out where to look.

here is the link to my info:

http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

TurboLS
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:15 am
Location: MD
Contact:

Post by TurboLS » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:35 am

check your vacuum lines, especially those close to the intake manifold. A huge pressure spike, or trench could be momentarily causing a leak in the line. I assume everything else is in the OK territory (i.e. at idle, partial throttle, etc)
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)

kaj
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm

Post by kaj » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:21 pm

TurboLS wrote:check your vacuum lines, especially those close to the intake manifold. A huge pressure spike, or trench could be momentarily causing a leak in the line. I assume everything else is in the OK territory (i.e. at idle, partial throttle, etc)
yes. everything else is fine. could this affect fuel mileage too? i'm used to getting 30+ on the fwy. i'm down to 24mpg or less :(

User avatar
Spunkster
Site Admin
Posts: 18012
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:06 pm
Location: Hondata
Contact:

Post by Spunkster » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:18 pm

You need to take fuel out in the colums that it reads from in between shifts and when decelerating. Make some recordings and then look at them. You will be able to see exactly where you need to make the changes.

kaj
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm

Post by kaj » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:16 am

Spunkster wrote:You need to take fuel out in the colums that it reads from in between shifts and when decelerating. Make some recordings and then look at them. You will be able to see exactly where you need to make the changes.
i did that.. but i'll check some more. the values are quite a bit more lean than normal. i'll post up the file when i get back in town.

Locked