Chip issue

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
HondAcura

Chip issue

Post by HondAcura »

There was an Ecu we socketed for S300 and it had already been chipped before, there had already been a 737 when desoldered hc 737, but we chose to use the one that came with the Hondata S300 box. I noticed though when hooked up, there was a red light that stayed on. So we unhooked and put back the original 737 and everything was good to go (green light).
1.What does that chip do?
2.Why didn't your chip work?

All help appreciated, Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Do you mean the HC373 chip? It is a latch which allows the processor to access the external memory, which is what the s300 emulates.

The probably cause of the ECU not working is a bad solder joint. If there was already a HC373 solder in, you do not need to change it.
Hondata
HondAcura

Post by HondAcura »

I see...but here's the thing; the previous hc373 on the board is in a socket(that is soldered) so luckily all i have to do is swap them out (eeasy), but when i put in the one sent from Hondata, it didn't work(red light-yet the original one works nicely green light)-could it possibly be a faulty latch?

what could be wrong with your latch??(i know, i don't need it since the previous one works, but in case i need to troubleshoot for i friend later on)

Thanks again
HondAcura

Post by HondAcura »

I just called Hondata-and apparently they are not sure what could have caused this, but your chip was brand new, i would think it should work, it was installed properly as well--i'm not complaining since mine works-but i would really want to be able to explain to a friend who might have that very problem--all help would be appreciated--

btw, where could one get another hc373 chip?

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It could be bad soldering of the socket. Or the latch could have been put in backwards.

New latches can be purchased through any Hondata dealer.