1000cc injectors

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
high_octane

1000cc injectors

Post by high_octane »

i have 1000cc injectors on my b18c1 an it wont start but when i put 440 it starts. Can some help me with this iusse?
DEL SLW

Post by DEL SLW »

we too have had this same problem. every car i've tuned with 1000cc injectors, has needed an input of 750cc injector size, along with other fuel comps in order to get the car to start, and or idle right. basically, hondata's fuel scales for injector sizing is way off
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This has nothing to do with Hondata itself. It has to do with the fact that Large injectors have a completely different flow curve, especially at low duty cycles due to the long dead time. Fuel pressure also plays a big role. The farther you stray from stock, the more work you have to do to get the tuning correct.
DEL SLW

Post by DEL SLW »

well i too have dealt with many AEM EMS's as well as other tuning programs. they seem to work fine when i input 1000cc. why is it that hondata cannot do this?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It can, but you must change the curves to suit the injector....the injector size info is just to help you get in the ballpark, then you must start making changes to the tables.