hot start, post start lean problems

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
92hb_hb

Post by 92hb_hb »

okay..

I now have my 02 and wideband hooked up on my DP.. on hot starts, it stills runs lean, around 18-19.. for the IAT corr, I had to add about 10% fuel @ 159 degrees, to help bring the AFR's down..

btw, i snipped the analog 1 signal from my LM1 to the ECU harness so it doesn't affect the 02 signal.. BTW, i also connected the ground wire from the LM1 to the ground wire on the ECU harness too..
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

i have been having simular issues with my car but it does it mostly on cold start, mine will go to 18-19 then come back and idle smooth at low 14 afr i havent been able to figure it out yet either :(
crucian

Post by crucian »

I've been having the same problem during hot starts. What I did was watch my IAT at idle and adjusted in the block where the IATs were closer to till my AFRs changed. Car seemed to like it. But I found myself adding a big percentage of fuel.
92hb_hb

Post by 92hb_hb »

I am beginning to think my board is defective.. THis never happened w/ my s200..

I"m going to have to find someone who has a s300 board and test it against mine..
Lococoin

Post by Lococoin »

My car does the exact same thing when its heat soaked. Air fuels around 18-19 barely running. My friends does the same as well. It has to be an s300 software issue, otherwise we wouldnt all be having the same problems.
Tchleung

Post by Tchleung »

Just to chime in, I'm having the same problems too. I find if I turn the car off, and turn it back on within 5 minutes. It's no problem. But anywhere from 5mins to 15 mins it'll keep cranking the motor and not fire till about 10 cranks then run lean till it richens up after about 5 mins later. I find if the car sits for over 15 mins, it starts jsut fine as well. It's only when you turn the car on after sitting between 5 to 15 mins for me. Any other time is mint.
joeb

Post by joeb »

Tchleung wrote:Just to chime in, I'm having the same problems too. I find if I turn the car off, and turn it back on within 5 minutes. It's no problem. But anywhere from 5mins to 15 mins it'll keep cranking the motor and not fire till about 10 cranks then run lean till it richens up after about 5 mins later. I find if the car sits for over 15 mins, it starts jsut fine as well. It's only when you turn the car on after sitting between 5 to 15 mins for me. Any other time is mint.
My s200 does exactly the same thing. I was planning to upgrade to the s300 but im hesitant.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Aside from one calibration posted in April, there have been no calibration AND datalogs posted showint the problem that we can look at with the calibration that generated it.