S300 boost control w/ AEM Boost Solenoid

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
turbo R

S300 boost control w/ AEM Boost Solenoid

Post by turbo R »

i don't get the difference between fixed duty cycle and gear based duty cycle. i tried setting the duty cycle at random numbers ranging from 10 to 25 boost is not increasing past the normal 14 psi. i don't even know what numbers i am supposed to put in pressure vs. duty cycle. also, what effects does solenoid activation pressure have on this? thanks a lot for the help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

In Smanager, go to Help, and click on Contents. In the search tab type in "boost control parameters". Read the topic on boost control parameters and it will explain how it all works and s hould be set up.
turbo R

Post by turbo R »

ok, i read it. i want to know what to set solenoid activation pressure to. i have a 14psi spring in the wg. also, are the values in the pressure vs duty cycle table arbitrary? i don't understand how it works. do i make a pass at the wastegate pressure first?? then another one with the duty cycle raised? then input the map sensor reading with it's corresponding duty cycle % ?

sorry for all the questions but this is my first time tuning and i just want to get it right.

thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Solenoid activation pressure sets the point where ECU starts to use the solenoid to control boost pressure. Normally this can be set a little below the minimum boost pressure in order to minimize wear on the solenoid.

The Pressure vs Duty Cycle table contains a lookup of pressure values which correspond to a solenoid duty cycle. The values for this table must be set by using a fixed duty cycle and noting the resulting manifold pressure. Note that different ambient conditions will result in slightly different boost pressures for the same duty cycle.
high_octane

Post by high_octane »

ok i am have the same iusse to but i am using the GM controler. I have my pressue is at 4.9 an duty is at 25.0. geting 10 psi at first gear. do i need to up the the pressue and duty?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you used the fixed duty cycle to find what duty cycles produce specific boost pressures and kept track of them and entered them into the table?
oscarmayer

Post by oscarmayer »

ok jsut double checking the aem soleniod is compatable with the S300 correct? and will handle up to 40psi? (i'm running a 7psi spring)
Got Boost?

OscarMayer