boost control issue

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Tchleung

Post by Tchleung »

I have similar issues. Right now I'm using a Hallman Pro MBC now cause it's reliable and works. Even running off the WG spring is rock solid pressure. Anyways. I had my EBC hooked up as per hondata's instructions with all the GM part numbers and it NEVER worked right. If I picked 15% it would boost and hold maybe 15, but creep a bit in the top end. If I went any higher by 1% increments, it would creep BAD. like 16 psi setting, after 7000rpm would creep to 25. I even tried to set the boost perameters up for duty cycle vs boost pressure and it still never worked right. the first few %'s would be close, but whenever I upped the duty cycle by 1% at a time it jsut made the boost boost a bit higher, but make it creep more and more and hit boost cut. So I ditched it and went MBC. I don't care much for the gear dependant. I jsut wanta fixed duty cycle... Seems like a common problem here?
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

yea i dont know what else to do, with mine i really wanted the gear dependent boost, but creep sucks esspecially when it creeps ALOT!! my turbo spools noticbly faster with the MBC.... any ideas hondata??
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We need calibrations, datalogs, and descriptions of how the solenoid is plumbed in. The hose diameters amd wastegate type and size also make a difference.
Hondata