rich on cold start up

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
laziebun

rich on cold start up

Post by laziebun »

car running 8:1a/f-11:1a/f on cold start up how can i fix this with the s300?

and could this be the cause of the mtor dying if i dont step on the gas pedal????????
Last edited by laziebun on Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickyLee53

Re: rich on cold start up

Post by RickyLee53 »

laziebun wrote:car running 8:1a/f-11:1a/f on cold start up how can i fix this with the s300?
In the parameters theres a tab called, fuel compensation.

In there you want to lower the correction % in the cold low engine load for the said temps where its causing problems.

What wideband are you running?
laziebun

Post by laziebun »

im using LC-1 but i cant seem to get the volatge offset right so i just monitor it logworks..

is this what your talking about (picture below)
RickyLee53

Post by RickyLee53 »

laziebun wrote:im using LC-1 but i cant seem to get the volatge offset right so i just monitor it logworks..

Is the wideband warming up?
It sometimes (if your using a DB gauge) gives readings like you explain as the sensor warms.

And no, its the water temp correction you need to change, the numbers that are 70.3% 70.3 47.7 34.4 and 18.8.

Depending on your temp depends what u need to change.

Say if its somewhere between 32 and 67 lower the 34.4 down a bit and the 18.8.

Probably more the 32 degree cell than the 67.

But by the looks of things your going to need to take a lot of fuel out. Maybe around 10-20% to get it nearer a 12 or something. keep an eye on your water temps and see when its starts running more normal.
RickyLee53

Post by RickyLee53 »

laziebun wrote:im using LC-1 but i cant seem to get the volatge offset right so i just monitor it logworks..

Is the wideband warming up?
It sometimes (if your using a DB gauge) gives readings like you explain as the sensor warms.

And no, its the water temp correction you need to change, the numbers that are 70.3% 70.3 47.7 34.4 and 18.8.

Depending on your temp depends what u need to change.

Say if its somewhere between 32 and 67 lower the 34.4 down a bit and the 18.8.

Probably more the 32 degree cell than the 67.

But by the looks of things your going to need to take a lot of fuel out. Maybe around 10-20% to get it nearer a 12 or something. keep an eye on your water temps and see when its starts running more normal.
laziebun

Post by laziebun »

im using my laptop and the wideband is warming up.

so my question is why dont i make changes to the air temp idle and light engine load??? since i am trying to get it to start and stay running at idle.

But ill try what you suggested and see how that goes.

im going to wait till the enigne is complete cold and datalog a cold start and post it here see what you think, do you have logworks????
RickyLee53

Post by RickyLee53 »

laziebun wrote:im using my laptop and the wideband is warming up.

so my question is why dont i make changes to the air temp idle and light engine load??? since i am trying to get it to start and stay running at idle.

But ill try what you suggested and see how that goes.

im going to wait till the enigne is complete cold and datalog a cold start and post it here see what you think, do you have logworks????
When the engine is cold, it runs on the water temp correction, the air temps do effect it, but this is for when the air intake temps are warmer and colder.

If your engine run's fine when its warmed up, the air intake temp should still be very similar its just the water temp what would change.

Yes i have log works.

Try making the changes and see if it gets better.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

look at your datalogs it gives the IAT and ECT correction percentages.
laziebun

Post by laziebun »

they both just giveme the temp....
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

laziebun wrote:they both just giveme the temp....
Look harder and you'll se the compensation percentages
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
laziebun

Post by laziebun »

i see the corection under the sensor table, but it stays at 0%, what do i do?
hardcorersxs

Post by hardcorersxs »

laziebun wrote:i see the corection under the sensor table, but it stays at 0%, what do i do?
who's map are you using? Are you "borrowing" a map from someone else? Do you have any idea how to tune?
laziebun

Post by laziebun »

well its supose to be a map that was tune for my setup, but its acually a map from hondata calibration forum. How do i know this? i downloaded a b18c map with a revhard set up and it pretty much mirrors my calibration. So now im trying to learn this tuning thing myself with forums help and a few books.
hardcorersxs

Post by hardcorersxs »

laziebun wrote:well its supose to be a map that was tune for my setup, but its acually a map from hondata calibration forum. How do i know this? i downloaded a b18c map with a revhard set up and it pretty much mirrors my calibration. So now im trying to learn this tuning thing myself with forums help and a few books.
unfortunately, your car is your test car.Keep reading, just as i did, and you will understand. Running that rich at idle is just outright rediculous!