D10 ELD

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
kelly

Post by kelly »

Will the ELD input still function as an ELD input after these resistors are removed? Specifically, when these resistors are removed and nothing is connected to the ELD input, is there still reference voltage (4.6V or so stock)?

Looking at the Helms, it seems (can't be sure, just an educated guess) that one of these resistors goes to reference voltage and the other to ground, so removing both of these would render the ELD useless because one of these gets rid of the reference voltage that the ELD pulls to ground.

Does USDM OBD I P72 have these resistors?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You would have to replace the resstors to use the ELD for proper ELD input.
kelly

Post by kelly »

Thank you.

Looking at pictures, it appears that the USDM P72 does have these resistors.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

All US ECUs have them
Airwalk07143

Post by Airwalk07143 »

Spunkster wrote:All US ECUs have them
Where are the resistors located at?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

R136 and R138
shogun

Post by shogun »

I don't really understand about JDM ecus: the ELD input on JDM ecu have any resistor? So, the use of D10 eld for dataloging wideband is possible or not with JDM ecus? It's useable without any modification with a plx or innovate lc1 kit?
DipDip

Post by DipDip »

Shogum :wink: je crois que sur tous les ECU OBDI il faut supprimer les deux resistances de polarisation, une qui va ? la masse et l'autre au +V.
shogun

Post by shogun »

DipDip wrote:Shogum :wink: je crois que sur tous les ECU OBDI il faut supprimer les deux resistances de polarisation, une qui va ? la masse et l'autre au +V.
:? Ok but spunkster said :
Spunkster wrote:There are no resistors that need to be removed on a JDM ecu.
So I don't know what to think about it.

The eld on jdm ecus can be use as an input to datalog wideband or not? Is this fonction exactly identical for usdm and jdm ecus?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

JDM ECU's do not have the resistors to remove and yes the ELD input will work for a wideband input.
shogun

Post by shogun »

Spunkster wrote:JDM ECU's do not have the resistors to remove and yes the ELD input will work for a wideband input.
Thanks a lot for the clear answer :wink:
DipDip

Post by DipDip »

Thank's for information.

I think that every ECU with ELD have no resistor and those who have no ELD have pull-up and pul-down resistor. You confirm or not, Spunkster ?
Airwalk07143

Post by Airwalk07143 »

im having alot of trouble wiring this up. i have the plx m-300 i read the help section and still makes no sense about the adapter plug, so i went ahead and did it different. To recap what i have already done. white wire to d10. grey wire to d14. cut r136 and r138. disconected stock o2 sensor(still installed in dp). In smanager, i disabled 02 heater and left it in open loop because we are trying to datalog. the s300 is showing numbers that are wayyy off. afr is under 6.00 and my m300 gauge reads normal. just messing around with it ...i had to put 1.7 voltage offset to get it to 14.2. but if you rev it, the smanager afr doesnt move at all. it stays at 14.2. can anyone tell me what i did wrong?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you disconnected the original wire that goes to the ELD? Problems related to the accuracy of readings are generally caused by installation errors.
Airwalk07143

Post by Airwalk07143 »

yes i cut the eld(pin d10) and left one side hanging and the other side connected to the white wire. i agree with you that it is an installation error but i can not figure it out. should it work if i connected the white and grey wires how i stated below?