Hondata S300 not revving pass 4000 rpm

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
htech-troy

Hondata S300 not revving pass 4000 rpm

Post by htech-troy »

i have 1996 integra with a b18c motor , skunk2 pro series stage 1 cams , skunk2 pro series cam gears , skunk2 pro series 66mm throttle body , jg edelbrock intake manifold , ls crank , ls rods , p30 pistons , port and polished, greddy header with a modified collector ... we cut the ends off the factory obd2b loom and wired in obd1 ends, when we first plugged on a stock obd1 ecu we got error code 21 (vtec pressure switch ) so we crossed the vtech pressure switch wire with the vtec solonoid wire and it removed the code but we are now getting a engine check light when we plug on the s300 but no code shows up in the program.
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

Have tried uploading a calibration?
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
htech-troy

Post by htech-troy »

unless i am not uploading the calibrations properly, but i go into file and then select new then select online then upload ....should their be a message to say "uploading" or " finished uploading" ?
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

If you already tried uploading a calibraton file then it seems that you are having problems with the soldering.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
crazy4hp

Post by crazy4hp »

this is what i having troubleshooting too and high idle on my d16z6 motor.
Ebola_One

Post by Ebola_One »

Have you checked that the S300 daughter board is fully seated? I had a mates car that had similar issues and one of the issues was that through multiple plug/unplugs of the USB cable the daughter board had tilted to the point that some of the JP2(?) pins had lost contact.
Re-seated the board & the car ran fine again.
A tell tale for this was a solid red light could be seen through the USB hole cut in the ECU case. (and I tihnk this was a 'feature' of the S200 too, if the blue box wasn't plugged in the ECL would be on solid with no codes.
crazy4hp

Post by crazy4hp »

Ebola_One wrote:Have you checked that the S300 daughter board is fully seated? I had a mates car that had similar issues and one of the issues was that through multiple plug/unplugs of the USB cable the daughter board had tilted to the point that some of the JP2(?) pins had lost contact.
Re-seated the board & the car ran fine again.
A tell tale for this was a solid red light could be seen through the USB hole cut in the ECU case. (and I tihnk this was a 'feature' of the S200 too, if the blue box wasn't plugged in the ECL would be on solid with no codes.
Yeah I did that when I can't upload the cal. to the ecu.
crazy4hp

Post by crazy4hp »

QUICKSILVER RACING wrote:If you already tried uploading a calibraton file then it seems that you are having problems with the soldering.
How would I check for the soldering? Do I just look if it solder or not?