Rad fan over-ride request.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jordancivic

Rad fan over-ride request.

Post by jordancivic »

Is this do-able guys, maybe under one of the protection tabs.

What temp does the fan come in stock??

Craig
hybridcivicls-t

Post by hybridcivicls-t »

comes on about 190+/-, why would you want to do that? if your over heating it's from other issues or the fan not coming on. i have my fan on a switch but thats cause i have a bad wire that im not interested in chasing down.

i dont know of an option in hondata that allows that cause its set up factory perfect, with stock thermostat
jordancivic

Post by jordancivic »

Saw some high temps at the strip this summer, im waiting on an ally rad and will run one 12" fan either side of the rad.

I never overheat, but once the fan comes on it wont drop the temp, just stabalise it - due to the stock rad and slim 10" fan. Saw about 210 at the start of the strip and s300 started pulling timing. I'd like to keep the temp to 180ish at the start of the strip, just thought that if the fan came in at 180 it would help.

Stock thermostat opens at 180 or 190? are there any downsides to using a 170 stat?
hybridcivicls-t

jordancivic wrote:Saw some high temps at the strip this summer, im waiting on an ally rad and will run one 12" fan either side of the rad.

I never overheat, but once the fan comes on it wont drop the temp, just stabalise it - due to the stock rad and slim 10" fan. Saw about 210 at the start of the strip and s300 started pulling timing. I'd like to keep the temp to 180ish at the start of the strip, just thought that if the fan came in at 180 it would help.

Stock thermostat opens at 180 or 190? are there any downsides to using a 170 stat?
stock thermo "starts to open about 174 and opens completely by 190ish.
i had the same issue with not over heating but kinda high temps.

1st, if you have one of those cheap fans, your gonna get that with 100 degree weather and no airflow to the radiator.
put a better fan on it with a shroud that will help. No other way around it.

2nd, ride with the bumper off and datalog your temps. If riding with the bumper off decreases the temps then you have an airflow issue and you need to increase air flow to your radiator.

3rd good fans,
"Be Cool"-13in fan true 1710cfm 18amp fan
"fal fan"-12in slim fan with a shroud 1230cfm 9amp fan just as stock
stikerguy

Post by stikerguy »

KPRO has it. Why can't we get the function on s300?
hybridcivicls-t

not sure, would be nice though
DOHCAccord

Post by DOHCAccord »

i agree it should be tuner selectable