Duty Cycle Conversion

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
dylans

Duty Cycle Conversion

Post by dylans »

I hope this is an easy one. When looking over a datalog file in the Smanager software, the Duty Cycle is displayed. First off, is this is actual duty cycle taken from the ECU or an estimated duty cycle? Second, when I export the datalog into excel, the duty cycle does not carry over as one of columns in excel. Is there any way that I could get the datalogged duty cycle to export as well? If not, what is the conversion the smanager uses to find the duty cycle from the injector pulse width? Thank you.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The duty cycle as datalogged is the actual duty cycle.

The duty cycle can be calculated as injector duration / 1200 * rpm
Hondata
inspector01

Post by inspector01 »

Sorry to bring this back, but i had a question with duty cycle...

Does your injector sizing unit make a difference on what the duty cycle is??

I am tunign a car running 750s but to get it compensated correctly, i entered it as 625s and the AFRs were about right, but datalogging says I am getting 100% duty cycle at 13.5 psi on a GT28 with low 11 afrs. I know that is a little rich, but i don't know how I could max out 750s at that low of power....
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It's not the boost level, but the power level. How much power are you making?
inspector01

Post by inspector01 »

I know, but a GT28 on 13.5 psi should be around 300 whp probably, which is no where near what those 750s should max out at... We will get it on a dyno in a couple of weeks, but I don't want to be maxxed out already...