way to test boost control components?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
nchatch

way to test boost control components?

Post by nchatch »

Had my boost control components installed on my p28 s300, i have all the right selections checked, as i was just testing it with a fixed duty cycle

problem is i only get gate pressure of 18psi. doesnt matter if it is set to zero or 100%

my question is, is there a way to "test" any of these installed components, such as continuity or ohm out any of the resistors?

just dont want to have to send it back and have it all done again.

thank you
GSR hatchback
Bullseyepower S366
10.02@149.5

New setup with S372
New times coming soon
Martian

Post by Martian »

test the solenoid first. one wire to ground, one wire to 12v positive. You should hear it click when you give it power, then it should click again when you remove power.
thank you, thank you, I'm here all week
nchatch

Post by nchatch »

Martian wrote:test the solenoid first. one wire to ground, one wire to 12v positive. You should hear it click when you give it power, then it should click again when you remove power.
solenoid clicks great, its from my old avcr, then i tried a greddy and the hondata unit from a customers car.

i was wondering if there was a way to test the installed portion of the parts on the ecu itself
GSR hatchback
Bullseyepower S366
10.02@149.5

New setup with S372
New times coming soon
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Just using 0 and 100% are not good tests. You should start with 5% and do 5% increment increases to see when you are close to the threshhold for boost you want.
JKOBD

Post by JKOBD »

Spunkster wrote:Just using 0 and 100% are not good tests. You should start with 5% and do 5% increment increases to see when you are close to the threshhold for boost you want.
He is speaking hypothetically. I am sure he tried many different settings and he stating that no matter what settings he uses, it does not change the boost amount.
9.72@146 Street Car

www.JKOBD.com
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Where did you get the components?
boosted hybrid

Post by boosted hybrid »

Set the load threshold for the boost control to KPA and "0". Set the duty cycle to "fixed". Set duty cycle for 50%. Key on, engine off the solenoid will pulse if it works. If it doesnt, its usually the large transistor that is faulty. I have had three of the "large" transistors bad right out of the packaging. I test all of the ecus right after the boost hardware is added now because of the possibility of faulty boost hardware components.
EGHATCH

Post by EGHATCH »

is the psi in the boost activation pressure above absolute?

because mine doesnt open if i set it at 5psi (8psi spring).

but if i tries -2psi. it works okay.
you wont learn until you actually do it.