s300 problems

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
turboh22a

s300 problems

Post by turboh22a »

Alright so i have a miss on cylinder 4. tryed cap rotor plugs new wires. Thinking i might have a bad ecu. I tryed my old ecu from a single over head cam f22 and the h22a ran 3 times as smooth. Does anyone know of where i can have my ecu tested, there isnt anyone around here running a h22a so i dont have a car to try it on? anyone. Or is it possible to put the ecu in my 92 accord thats stock? please help
Martian

Post by Martian »

Put your ecu in another car and load a stock map for that car.
thank you, thank you, I'm here all week
turboh22a

Post by turboh22a »

when the computer is turned on...the light should be green where the data cable connects to the ecu correct? because there is a red light and a green light..i only remember seeing green before not the red? am i correct or incorrect on this?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Does it upload and datalog?
turboh22a

Post by turboh22a »

The computer does upload and datalog. I had never noticed the red light before. so i figured id see what ya had to say. Im stuck on the cylinder 4 misfirewith a code 16.new cap rotor plugs wires compression and leakdown pass with flying colors..distributer??
inteGReddy

Post by inteGReddy »

turboh22a wrote:when the computer is turned on...the light should be green where the data cable connects to the ecu correct? because there is a red light and a green light..i only remember seeing green before not the red? am i correct or incorrect on this?
I believe the red blinking light is normal function when you are datalogging or connecting real time with a laptop.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the code on the side of the ecu you are using?
turboh22a

Post by turboh22a »

the ecu is a p72 gsr computer
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Is the ecu square or rectangular?
turboh22a

Post by turboh22a »

its a usdm ecu rectangle, i installed my new distributer today and still has a misfire on cylinder 4. took out the plug the piston was damp with fuel installed new plug and still the same..im lost completely now. Anyone please help..thank you
OTT

Post by OTT »

I would consider having all 4x injectors tested, cleaned the tested since.
turboh22a

Post by turboh22a »

i have installed 2 sets of injectors my 440's and the 780's and i get the same result on both sets of injectors...i though injectors also till i tryed another set
OTT

Post by OTT »

then get hold of a set of injector nodes and check functionality.

Then after that check all positive feeds for injectors and continuity between the injector connectors and the relevant Pins on the ecu.

Then go on to check continuity between earth and the earth on each inj. clip.

also inspec the single spark plug lead and consider swapping it out with another one to see it this 'moves' the problem.

keep working systematically around the systems related to the problem.
turboh22a

Post by turboh22a »

thanks for the help..once its not -30 below zero ill see what i got and get back to ya thanks again
planetspeed

Post by planetspeed »

If you can't get hold of another H22a distributor, try to check for the tooth/pickup inside your distributor for chipped teeth that could throw a wrong or no spark to cyl4..also, try to check inj4 socket for shortage.this will open inj4 fully without closing thus flooding that cylinder with fuel.Hope this helps.