I got tune and just want other opinion.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
KING

I got tune and just want other opinion.

Post by KING »

I got tuned a week or so ago and not sure how I feel about. seems like it is weak as heck until vtec kicks in. I know I know my vtec hits about time as my boost does but it just done feel regular.

its a built gsr sleeved to 84mm
10:1 cp slugs
ls manley rods
ls scat crank
port and polished head with .5 over rev valves
precision 780 with fjo driver
neukin ram horn mani and 3 inch down pipe
precision sc61
3 inch exhaust
wastegate spring is a 7psi I think but it creeps up to what u see on the lower hp. the other was done with a cheap boost controler.

one problem is I think it runs way to fat at crusing.
Attachments
TLdone4.14.09.skl
(32.93 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Neke1point0

Post by Neke1point0 »

Id get retuned. I was running 450cc on a stock 2.2 non vtec single cam with that much power ! Your setup should def get you higher numbers than that. Compare your maps to others, they dont look right at all !
KING

Post by KING »

Neke1point0 wrote:Id get retuned. I was running 450cc on a stock 2.2 non vtec single cam with that much power ! Your setup should def get you higher numbers than that. Compare your maps to others, they dont look right at all !
for sure I know it will make way more power. this was just the low boost tune. thanks for your input
crucian

Post by crucian »

Try lowering the VTEC crossover point and see what happens. Your turbo is spooling but but the power is being held back by the primaries.
KING

Post by KING »

crucian wrote:Try lowering the VTEC crossover point and see what happens. Your turbo is spooling but but the power is being held back by the primaries.
they have it set at 4600 now.. u think I should lower it more?
crucian

Post by crucian »

KING wrote:
crucian wrote:Try lowering the VTEC crossover point and see what happens. Your turbo is spooling but but the power is being held back by the primaries.
they have it set at 4600 now.. u think I should lower it more?
yeh I noticed that after I posted. I was looking at your tune and it looks pretty much out of wack if you ask me. Lines crossing each other on the 2D graph. You need a retune. Take it someplace else or tune it yourself.
RedR

Post by RedR »

wow that car seriously needs more timing....egts should be rather high !

As for the fuel curves its indeed wacked

Did you have your car tuned on partial throttle at all? it honestly doesnt look like it and running the car in open loop isnt going to help under those conditions.

Throttle tip in set at 30% is a lot imo.

Based on the graph i´d say your x-over needs to be a little bit lower.

If you got a wideband make some logs and report back, besides that u might consider having it tuned "again".
KING

Post by KING »

yeah I really didnt like the way the lines crossed each other. I also didnt like the timing being way low either. I have tinkered with it some to improve it alittle. yes I have a wideband and I have been watching it while making the changes.

the guy who tuned it was "supposed"to be doing a complete tune so im thinking partial throttle should have been in there.

I called the best tuner around here and talk to him and got his prices. I will be saving up and going to him for a retune or I guess a real tune.
KING

Post by KING »

How does one know when they have the throttle tip right?