Simple question about tables

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
GSRRR

Simple question about tables

Post by GSRRR »

Hi,

I have a simple question about the tables.... What kicks in the high speed tables? Is it based on RPM or VSS?

Thanks!
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

when all the conditions for vtec are successfully met,
ecu will then switch on vtec & read from high speed tables.
GSRRR

Post by GSRRR »

Awesome! Thats just what I needed to know, thanks for the response. So what you're saying is that the high speed tables are just for VTEC? In other words if you dont have VTEC, you don't need to worry about high speed tables?
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

yes,1 map for each cam profile

no vtec=just tune the low speed map because theres only one cam profile
GSRRR

Post by GSRRR »

Awesome man! You've been very helpful. I tried finding the answer to this in the HELP feature but it never said what activated the "High Speed" map.

Thanks for letting me know. Hondata is awesome, but their built-in HELP feature needs to do a better job at making things clear.

But yeah, Thanks again!
Luke

Post by Luke »

i don't think, that hondatas help is bad. in fact i thinkt, that there are several "tuners", who tune, without knowing, what they are doing exactly.

that's pretty sad and will cost at least money.

anyways, i know here some "experts" who tune by "trial and error" and call afterwards someone, who knows that business to fix that problem.

and what if somethings happens during tuning?? of course, it's the tuners' fault :roll:

please, guys, go to a tuner, who know his business, who knows what he is doing and why some things happen like they happen.

you'll safe a lot of money ;) trust me :D

sorry, GSRRRR: it is a joke, what you are asking. you want to tune without knowing anything. please stop that. you won't manage it and will wreck your engine!

best regards Luke