very bad bogging on h22 w/ itb

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
H22ITB

very bad bogging on h22 w/ itb

Post by H22ITB »

The problem happens on the track just about every time. No problems on the street and im not sure why that is. Perhaps the track is too sticky and it bogs me down? but it seems like the engine is not going anywhere whereas on the street, when i shift into 2nd gear, i get nothing but wheel spin so there are no problems. I didn't tune this engine but i was just looking at the map and the problem could be that the tps min and max was something like 6% - 76%
i looked at another itb map and its 0% - 100% that is the default.
could that be the problem? i don't want to change anything and i let my tuner know about the problem long ago. It's just hard to fix because it only happens at the track so when he tunes it on the street and dyno. It doesn't happen.
H22ITB

Post by H22ITB »

heres the map.
fuel maps might be different but how about the rest of the settings?
Attachments
h22itb1.skl
(30.29 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
H22ITB

Post by H22ITB »

anybody?
megomaniac

Post by megomaniac »

does the bogging happen after a bunch of laps when the engine gets hot?
do you think its a heat related problem, cause you probably don't hit those temps doing short blasts on street and dyno,
H22A4
turbo
S300
H22ITB

Post by H22ITB »

oops, sorry i didn't mention that its a drag strip. I do notice that the motor is very very hot after a run though. Hotter then most other engine bays.
Quade

Post by Quade »

I think you're hitting a different area on the map when you're on the strip because it sticky. In other words it's under more load at lower rpms. Those points would need to be logged and tuned at the track.
H22ITB

Post by H22ITB »

but that would affect the street driving, no?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it is stickier at the track and it is reading form different maps because it is loading up the engine differently then it will have different tuning needs in track conditions than in street driving.
H22ITB

Post by H22ITB »

so if i get it tuned at the track, would it have any problems on the street?
i dont get any traction shifting on the street. shifting into 2nd, it spins for awhile and its just at 8k and slowly drops to 7. not much load compared to the track but 2-3 is better.
Quade

Post by Quade »

No it wont affect street driving. More than likely you won't be touching/changing the area of the map the car sees during street driving. For example you might end up tuning out the 2000-3000 rpm values around 0map. You might be able to tune out the same area of the map on the street if you move off slowly in 1st gear then select 4th and floor you foot. This will load the engine up at low rpms simulating what is happening at the track. Understand? The object is to try to tune out all the cells possible in the map.