Hi. New to Hondata and have a few questions.

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
ChrisBrown

Hi. New to Hondata and have a few questions.

Post by ChrisBrown »

Hi, the Names Chris. I recieved through a few seperate local and craigslist trades a couple hondata units. I have a dohc ZC in a 89 CRX and a B20b in a 93 EJ1. My original plan was to use the 2 aquired used S100's for both of the cars, keeping the ej1 obd1, and using a obd0 to obd1 conv. harness for the crx.
I then bought a used S200. Id like to now use the S200 on the B20b after i drop a B16a head and tune n/a. The ZC CRX is going to get one of the 2 s100's and going to get split to drop a blox block guard, new head gasket and arp head studs, Run a simple 8psi and possibly a nos kit i have sitting around.
The b20 Ej1 is my daily driver and the zc crx is a drag focused build. I plan to eventually upgrade both to S300 when the time/funds allow. Now that me and my builds have been introduced, My questions are:

1.) Can S100/200 Tunes be used with S300 when i choose to upgrade?

2.) Should i use the s200 on the drag build instead of the daily driver?

3.) Besides Launch control and DataLogging, is there any other advantages of having the S200 over the S100?

4.) I keep hearing "go crome"... why do i keep getting told that? i thought hondata was the better choice.

5.) Both the S100 units i got were 'suposidly' boost models but i cant find any charts or listings for comparison. S100-3426 - e194565 and S100-1121 - e194565.

6.) The same deal with the S200, Not sure if its boost either. 2nn879ib. I also need the cable that goes from the s200 datalog port to the pc, where can i find/get/buy that?

Thanks for reading my Post and for any assistance you can provide.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

1) yes you can inport a romeditor created bin into Smanager.

2) That is completely up to you

3) No, the s100 and s200 have the same capabilities other than the 3-step and datalogging.

4) Hondata is the better choice, and you can always upgrade to the s300 when you are ready.

5) the lower serial number s100 does not have boost.

6) That is not an s200 it is an older Stage 2 with no options. You should just go ahead and upgrade that to an s300 as it has not be supported now for 5 years.
ChrisBrown

Post by ChrisBrown »

Thanks. whats the purpose of the non-boost s100? and when i looked inside the stage 2 unit, there is 2 possible chips that can be plugged in, it has one of the 2, that mean it has some sort of option? whats the purpose of that unit?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is for running a car that is naturally aspirated. The staged system is no longer supported and cannot be ubraded. IT has no options adn woudl only be able to be tuned by a dealer still capable of tuing a staged syste, (which very few still do).