Ignition Compatibility?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Screaminz28

Ignition Compatibility?

Post by Screaminz28 »

I have an MSD 7AL2 and wanted to make sure it will work with the hondata. I was running a FAST system and decided to try a hondata instead. Anyone know if the 7AL2 is compatible, or do I need a Digital6 or similar?
Hondata
Site Admin

Ignition systems

Post by Hondata »

If it works with stock then it will work with Hondata.

The stock ignition system usually works well up to 15-20 lbs boost. We've found that some ignition systems are fairly hard on the ignitor when you rev the engine up and then release the throttle. The ECU cuts the fuel but not the spark and it seems the spark sometimes prefers the ignitor to the cylinder. Before you ask me to implement an ignition and fuel cut I'll ask you how will your tach work if you do that.
Hondata
Screaminz28

Post by Screaminz28 »

Not to be a smartass, but that is kind of obvious that if it works with stock, then it will work with hondata. Maybe I should rephrase. Does anyone know if an MSD 7AL2 will work with the stock honda ecu? Does anyone have a recommended way to tell me how to find out? Any wiring instructions? Thanks!
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

What DEREK meant was Hondata and stock are the same. i you can add THe 6AL to the stock one, then no problem with Hondata.

It's so easy to type questions but sometimes the query needs to be addressed by MSD. But MSD6AL will work with cars with distributors. If you buy it then you'll get the manual.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
JT

Post by JT »

Screaminz28 wrote:Does anyone have a recommended way to tell me how to find out? Any wiring instructions? Thanks!
MSD instructions can be downloaded at http://www.msdignition.com/