rom editor/hondalogger

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
kender

rom editor/hondalogger

Post by kender »

ok this may sound stupid but it's my first time tuning so have patience please. I have read the manuals for both programs and understand the basics. I am still confused on the tuning, the romeditor has limited datalogging, so how does the hondalogger recording your sensors help you to change the fuel and ignition maps in romeditor? I have played the hondalogger recordings in the romeditor but the .bin file for the ecu does not show( I created a new .bin to see this). I am wondering if when I create a new .bin and then make a run with datalogging, will I then be able to change the maps from that and see what the ecu does on the next run?

If you change the maps and burn it to the rom if I am correct the a/f ratio is what you are looking at in order to determine if the change was good or bad?

please help, I haven't actually run my car on anything but a stock map but I want to have a good understanding of what I am doing first

I also am wondering if it is better to have a smooth curve on the 3d maps instead of some of the spike and valleys, I know the spikes aren't good but should I just extrapolate those to the adjacent areas or let the a/f determine it? thanks again.
ACe

Post by ACe »

Hi Kender,

Actually, all you need to do is to read the Tuning Guide in the Tech Section.
From part throttle tuning to WOT tuning, there you can find everything.
I am really so thankful to the Hondata guys. They put all information you need in very easy understandable docs and even videos.
Read that first, understand it and then place remaining questions here. :)

Have fun,

ACe