After hondata ECU throws Code one

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
highperboi

After hondata ECU throws Code one

Post by highperboi »

I got a S200 on my gsr and after i got hondata for it it started to throw a code 1, primary o2 sensor or circut. I thought my o2 sensor just went bad but i put 2 other good o2 sensors in and it still gave me the code. The other thing is that it wont throw it all the time. Like if the code pops up i can turn my car off and turn it back on and the check engine will go away and it will come back on maybe the next day or 2 days later. I was doing some test and i unpluged the o2 and started the car and it doesnt throw a code. Is this supposed to happen? Has anyone else had or heard about this problem?

Thanks
shinociv

Post by shinociv »

Are you running the car in Open Loop O2 correction?

I run mine in Open Loop and it gives me the code occasionally, I think it is just a side effect of running Open Loop nothing is wrong with the O2 sensor.
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Just for reference, Iwas getting the same code running open loop with o2 heater disabled and no narrowband installed. I installed a 1kOhm resistor across teh heater terminals and haven't got a CEL yet (although it is just 3 days). I'll let you know.
shinociv

Post by shinociv »

In my case I know it doesn't have anything to do with the O2 heater because I have my stock narrowband O2 sensor always in the exhaust system heated. I install my wideband in another hole and just change which signal is going in to the ECU.
highperboi

Post by highperboi »

im not running a wideband tho i just brought it to modacar to get tunned with their wideband which get stuck at the end of the exhaust. do you think that the tunner set it on open loop mode?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You ECU sounds like it is in open loop. Check with Modacar. If they set the ECU to open loop, add a resistor across the header wires. If the ECU should be in closed loop, you'll need to check the ROM was set to closed loop.
Hondata
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

Hondata wrote:You ECU sounds like it is in open loop. Check with Modacar. If they set the ECU to open loop, add a resistor across the header wires. If the ECU should be in closed loop, you'll need to check the ROM was set to closed loop.
I have posted this before and mine started doing this with the 3.5.5 version of the software. I have had the resistor on always. I have never taken it off.