Extra Fuel compensation in Charge and AC

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Dariusz

Extra Fuel compensation in Charge and AC

Post by Dariusz »

I like to know how I can make in the Rom editor that in the moment the AC is On or the Alternator goes On hard (Fans, lights, etc.) the ECU increase the amount of fuel to compensate this.

Thanks a lot,

Dariusz
turbosi92

Re: Extra Fuel compensation in Charge and AC

Post by turbosi92 »

Dariusz wrote:I like to know how I can make in the Rom editor that in the moment the AC is On or the Alternator goes On hard (Fans, lights, etc.) the ECU increase the amount of fuel to compensate this.

Thanks a lot,

Dariusz
There is no way currently to compensate for the AC, lights or anything like that. The ECU "knows" what to do is my assumption which is why it isn't address by the software.
shinociv

Post by shinociv »

ELD -Electronic Load Detector
I'm not sure how it compensates but the ECU knows how much electricity your using. I think it adds fuel though.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

shinociv wrote:ELD -Electronic Load Detector
I'm not sure how it compensates but the ECU knows how much electricity your using. I think it adds fuel though.
I think that, but in iddle if I start the AC and the lights, the A/F ratio go to 18:1 and only the IAC trie to compensate the RPM but not the fuel :( I think that I need to add some fuel in the points where the mbars go if the AC or alternator go on...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Make sure you are not just seeing a voltage drop that is affecting your wideband.
eRaceParts.com

Post by eRaceParts.com »

Dariusz wrote:
shinociv wrote:ELD -Electronic Load Detector
I think that, but in iddle if I start the AC and the lights, the A/F ratio go to 18:1 and only the IAC trie to compensate the RPM but not the fuel :( I think that I need to add some fuel in the points where the mbars go if the AC or alternator go on...
Okay, the ECU detects the additional load of A/C, lights, etc. Then it uses the Idle Air Control Valve to let in more air. So under normal driving conditions, the ECU and O2 sensors are running closed loop. Therefore the ECU detects the additional air from the IAC and injects the proper amount of fuel to maintain the A/F ratio. If your car is running open loop, this compensation will not function properly.
Hopefully this clears things up.
Visit us at www.eRaceParts.com for awesome deals, friendly service, and new parts most every week.