Wideband / Narrowband conections, use and settings Urgent He

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Dariusz

Wideband / Narrowband conections, use and settings Urgent He

Post by Dariusz »

I have a Wideband that have a output from 0.5v (11.0 AFR) to 3.5v (17.0 AFR) full lineal (use the same Bosh sensor as the PLX). My questions are regarding 2 points:

1) In 2 different places say about the resistor that need to be connect between the +12v and ground cable that the ECU don't have the "O2 heater error", but in one say a 20 Ohm 1Watt resistor and in the other say 1 KOhm 1/4 Watt resistor (an example of this differents is in the tutorial from Hondata and PLX to connect the PLX). What is the true value?

2) I know that I can connect the Wideband output to my Hondata (S200) to the original O2 imput (the original is 0 to 1 V and the new is 0.5 to 3.5 V) to tuning using the lambda tables, etc. But my questions is regard if I can make this conection permanent, in other words can I use this 0.5 / 3.5 V imput in my ECU in a permanent conection and have in example the Close Loop ON (and all the functionality of the ECU using the target voltage in 2.0V in example for 14.5 AFR), or I need to have the original O2 sensor and use the Wideband only for tunning?

All help is realy apreciated, thanks in advance,

Dariusz
Last edited by Dariusz on Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

No one here?

I need to know the asnvers asap, because tomorrow I have a dyno sesion and I like to go with all ready...

Thanks in advance
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

Hondata People, you are live?

I need the ansvers because I have to change my shedule for tuning and I need to know if is needed to make other hole in the catback for the new sensor or I can use the one that exist...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can use the PLX permanently in closed loop only if you have connected the narrowband output to the stock Oxygen sensor plug on the harness.
Super-Tuner

Post by Super-Tuner »

1) I dont think the resistor will matter to much as i think they both work, id go with what hondata reccomends sense your using it with a hondata setup.

2) For tuning you want to use the white wire and run in open loop. If you choose to leave the wideband in permantly after you have tuned the car hook the grey wire up and dissconnect the white. What i did with my wideband was put quick dissconnect connectors on the white and grey so i can just switch them very easily accoriding to what im doing.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

Thanks a lot, but my WB is not a PLX... :wink:
Super-Tuner

Post by Super-Tuner »

oh sorry haha i thought it was oh well same thing basiacally
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

Super-Tuner wrote:oh sorry haha i thought it was oh well same thing basiacally
Yep, this is the AEM Gauge Type, it use the same bosh sensor, the tables as I can see are identycal, etc.. Using the ansvers, I see that for the daily use I need to change the config in the AEM after tuning that it send 0-1 V signal...
TurboChrgd_Civic

Post by TurboChrgd_Civic »

Super-Tuner wrote:1) I dont think the resistor will matter to much as i think they both work, id go with what hondata reccomends sense your using it with a hondata setup.

2) For tuning you want to use the white wire and run in open loop. If you choose to leave the wideband in permantly after you have tuned the car hook the grey wire up and dissconnect the white. What i did with my wideband was put quick dissconnect connectors on the white and grey so i can just switch them very easily accoriding to what im doing.
Super-Tuner, the white, and gray wire that you mentioned. What do they go connected to?

Sorry if that's a stupid question. Newbie here! :shock: The link for setting up the wideband is down hondata.com
2000 Honda Civic Si
10.6 @ 141 mph