S200 troubles

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
20lb.teg

S200 troubles

Post by 20lb.teg »

Ok,well I upgraded to the new s200 system from my stage 2B and well my 2b was tuned perferctlly I sent EVERYHITNG to hondata and well I got it back plugged it in and I have a CEL (I never had a check engine light) with the 2B and the box is flashing slowly like the prom is in the worng way. Well I've checked the socket and the rom a 100 times and both the rom and the socket are towards the engine wiring harness side of the ECU... Now the other thing it says it mihgt be is the wrong rom for my car... Could it be that the ship wasn't upgraded to the V3 system... Or would the car not run at all. The car hits boost fine, but the engine will not revf over about 4200 rpm... Please help me... Hondata? Experienced s200 users? Anynone that knows this answer...? Thanks in advance.

Later,

Sean C.
B18C1 with a "slug" on the exhaust... :P
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

I didn't read about the EPROM being replaced to a newer version. was it replaced?
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
20lb.teg

Post by 20lb.teg »

the eprom itself wasn't replaced just the version of the stuff on the chip itself it had to be upgraded for teh new s200 to read it from what I understand it's just a flash burn of your same program you wrote on the chip but in the new version. Hope this helps. Still having the problem, anyone...???

Later,

Sean C.
QUICKSILVER RACING

Your ROM is an AT29C256? If so try to look for losse connections or try having the chip rechecked.
+639178954747
20lb.teg

Post by 20lb.teg »

Well, is there a way I can tell without going to a stage 4 (S200 editor)user...? Can I just plug it in to my laptop and will it somewhere tell me? Thanks for the previous help.

Later,

Sean C.
QUICKSILVER RACING

if it's a bad ROM the you'd have to take it to someone who has a V3 Romeditor.

For loose connections then you can do it yourself. Be sure that the black wire goes to the #1 pin of the CN2 junction then check the wires of the interface cable if it's loose.
+639178954747
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you sure that your dealer reprogrammed the new chip? It sounds like you have a blank chip. At hondata we do not convert your rom...this is something your dealer does.