P30 + s200 = Check Engine Light

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Clutch

Post by Clutch »

oni wrote:I may be reading the code wrong. The light blinks twice and then a third time really fast.
Code 21 VTEC spool solenoid valve

Disable in ROMeditor software.
Last edited by Clutch on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
oni

Post by oni »

I'm obviouly a novice at this, but if you don't mind my asking. How does one determine the blinks into a numbered code?

Also I thought that the knock sensor could be disabled by doing something to j12?
Clutch

Post by Clutch »

oni wrote:I'm obviouly a novice at this, but if you don't mind my asking. How does one determine the blinks into a numbered code?

Also I thought that the knock sensor could be disabled by doing something to j12?
http://www.hondata.com/techecucodes.html
Read this in the link and it will tell you how to read codes.
J12 jumper converts the ECU to communicate half duplex or full duplex, when j12 is cut it switches into full duplex and allows faster communications...for datalogging.
oni

Post by oni »

So then my code is a 21 - vtec spool solenoid valve. Great! I was happier when I thought I just had an automatic ECU. So what hell should I do now to troubleshoot this bullshit?
oni

Post by oni »

One thing I dont understand is that when I plug in the OEM ECU the CEL is gone. So why would one ECU throw that code and not the other?
Wafler

Post by Wafler »

That seems to be - 21 - , which is "Spool Solenoid Valve"
DutchEG6

Post by DutchEG6 »

Clutch wrote:
oni wrote:I may be reading the code wrong. The light blinks twice and then a third time really fast.
Code 21 VTEC spool solenoid valve

Disable in ROMeditor software.
this is your problem...