1000 cc RC low impetence injectors

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Ralph Spencer

1000 cc RC low impetence injectors

Post by Ralph Spencer »

I have a built LS vtec motor,8.65 cr, using a walbro HP fuel pump,Type r intake, 65mm Throttle body, AEM fuel rail, B&M fuel reg conversion.
This is all for a T3-04e 50 trim turbonetics running 10-15psi. I am hoping for 350-375 Hp
I have the Hondata s200.

My issue is this. When I ordered my injectors, I was out to get 750cc injectors but the 1000s were available for only $10 more and in stock, so I called my local Hondata dealer that is doing my tuning and I asked if I should get the 1000s and the guy tells me, Yes that that can always be turned down with Hondata. Later I find out that the guy may have misspoke. He was a shop guy and not the guy that does the tuning. The guy that does the tuning seemed skeptical as to whether they can be turned down that much, but wouldn't give me a solid answer.
:shock:
Before I try these and make them unreturnable can anyone tell me if these will be OK or not. Can they be turned down enough and what would be the down side if there is one. Is there a duty cycle too low? 50%?
They have a 35% restocking fee just to swap them for the 750s so I would like to be able to use them. Any help would be appreciated.
Tuners please??????

Thanks Ralph
in time, on time
RMS

Post by RMS »

tuned lots of 1000cc hondatas with no idle issues, though it does seem near the limit. you'll be fine.
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net
Ralph Spencer

Post by Ralph Spencer »

Thanks for the response RMS.
The one I was hoping for as well.
As long as I know it's doable, I'll go with it.

Any dissenting opinions?

Ralph
in time, on time
turbo_civic_si

Post by turbo_civic_si »

i run them day in day out. works good. just don't forget the resistor box.
SFWD 1934

Post by SFWD 1934 »

You are actually doing yourself a big favor now. By purchasing the 1000cc's you have ensured yourself that you should meet the fuel flow demands on your motor shoudl you decide to turn the boost up from that 10-15 psi mark (which you will most likely want to do, seeing as it is never fast enough). So you have that cushion now to do that. It is always better to buy a "little bigger" instead of "just enough," or in some cases "not enough."

Jason
Ralph Spencer

Post by Ralph Spencer »

Thanks for the responses.
I am going to use the 1000s.
Hopefully there will be no issues with the idle.

Ralph
in time, on time
EGHATCH

Post by EGHATCH »

what will happen if i didn't put in a resistor box for a low impedance injector? i can't find a resistor box in my area! :( help. can i do a diy for that?
you wont learn until you actually do it.
Ralph Spencer

Post by Ralph Spencer »

It wont work. Different signals.
You can pick one up on Ebay for little of nothing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
I'ts not hard to add either, a little wiring.
in time, on time
DaX

Post by DaX »

I have done a fairly detailed writeup [minus photos] on the Honda-Tech.com knowledge base for wiring in a resistor box with plugs, so that it can be installed or removed in seconds.
EGHATCH

Post by EGHATCH »

but im currently using an h22 injectors without a resistor box. i know i should put one, but i cant find one... btw, im not from us so ordering via ebay is kinda difficult.

i made 181whp/130ft lb in b16a without the resistor box. will this setup ruin something?
you wont learn until you actually do it.
DaX

Post by DaX »

The inline resistors lower the current the injector drivers see.

The resistor box should be used with low impedance injectors, and not used with high impedance injectors.

I think you can burn up your injector drivers by overheating them [too much current] if you don't use the resistors.

If you can't source a resistor box, you can always use some inline resistors of equivalent value.
turbo_civic_si

Post by turbo_civic_si »

what? nobody goes through hondata's website???

http://www.hondata.com/techlowohminjectors.html

come on now. :) that was a good write up and video.
DaX

Post by DaX »

turbo_civic_si wrote:what? nobody goes through hondata's website???

http://www.hondata.com/techlowohminjectors.html

come on now. :) that was a good write up and video.
nice. never knew that existed!
turbo_civic_si

Post by turbo_civic_si »

the video was really neat. i like watching electronic stuff fry. :twisted: its just hard to breathe afterwards.
redvtec27

Post by redvtec27 »

DaX wrote:I have done a fairly detailed writeup [minus photos] on the Honda-Tech.com knowledge base for wiring in a resistor box with plugs, so that it can be installed or removed in seconds.
Dax,
Please help, I searched for this thread and could not find it. Do you have a hyper link, or some exact words I can use to search it. (Ie. Are you using the same user name?)

Thanks in advance.