launch issue, and others?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
advanracing62

launch issue, and others?

Post by advanracing62 »

I just installed my stage III with data logging. When I push in the clutch I notice that the data logger does not reflect it, also there is no launch control applied to the clutch when depressed. I've checked the plugs and they are connected, also the wiring seems to be intact, as the car works fine. Also of note, the data logger doesn't reflect that the car is running, it will denote the breaks being depressed.... strange eh? Anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to upgrade to the newer version of Datalogger, but that won't fix my other issues.
AndyE

Post by AndyE »

Which plugs did you check? The interface box has to be wired directly and separately to a clutch switch to read whether the clutch is engaged or not; it doesn't use the stock clutch switches, which are tied separately to the ignition and cruise control systems. There's a switch included with the Hondata kit that you can install in place of the stock cruise control switch, which is the easiest install method.

Some people fabricate a bracket to hold the new clutch switch so they don't have to give up the safety feature of having the cruise control disengage when the clutch is pressed in. Personally I've never had a problem with it (I cancel it via the steering wheel controls or the brake), but I'm also the only one who drives my car.

If you've already done all that, make sure the switch is working...if you press in on the switch, the datalogger should show that the clutch pedal is up (clutch indicator in datalogger will be off); if you release the switch, it should show that the clutch pedal is pressed in (the indicator should come on in datalogger). If that doesn't work then you have a bad switch or bad wiring.

-Andy
'99 EBP Si
S200 w/everything|12psi JRSC|Heatshield
AEM CAI|Kamikaze headers
Custom (quiet) 2.5" exhaust
Quaife LSD|JUN 9lb flywheel|ACT XTSS clutch
Eibach Pro-Kit/KYB AGX
Full polyurethane bushings/mounts
OZ 16x7 Superleggera + Sumi HTR Z II
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

ANDYE has made a good trouble shooting note.

On a side note, here's a quick way to check the launch control. hold the interface box. You can read the notes. remove the clutch switch wiring and use a shorting plug to simulate on/off. you can check your datalogger while doing this.

Be sure that your car is in neutral.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747