Hondata stage 2 won't hit vtec

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Jago

Hondata stage 2 won't hit vtec

Post by Jago »

I have a p28 with a stage two witohut data logging setup on an h22. It was tunned about two or three weeks ago and has been just fine except for ocasionally while driving the light on my interface box has gone out and the rev limit became lower. This goes away if I flip the ignition on and off. The ligt comes bace on and it runs fine. I figured this was probably just a problem with the interface cable.

My new problem is that when accelerating in first gear from a slow speed the cel comes on shortly and then goes out. When in first at full throttlethe car will not go into vtec and the rpm is limited two about 6k. but when on the higway it vtec works fine and it will rev to the set revlimit.

So far I have just Re burnt the chip and nothing changed. Any help that can be given on this issue will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Check the continuity of the interface cable. Also do you have an aftrmarket ignition system or aftermarket spark plug wires?
Jago

Post by Jago »

Iv'e just got the factory ingnition and plug wires.

When driving to work today I threw a knock sensor code on the stock
p13. I know the stock p28 dosn't look for a ks but can the hondata be configured to view a ks input on the tunned program. Im thinkin this could be a possiblility.
Jago

Post by Jago »

nope fixed that afterwork still got the same problem. Im borrowing an interface box from a friend to try.
Jago

Post by Jago »

I got an s200 chip burned and tried it with a s200 interface box and
a new cable and now it works fine