problem with b16 intsall

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
WIND

problem with b16 intsall

Post by WIND »

ok since we've install the b16 we have gotten no codes. soem thing a perfect set up.. i've change the distributor to s brand new asembly, also new acel wires and ngk plugs. valve gasket./adjustment/belts(ac/alt/timming/and water pump. we've cleaned out the throtle. including the evac. new clutch/flywheel. bosh performance fuel pump also

some how when we drive the car it chokes and it dies. this is after around five minutes of driving.. we have checked the spark plugs and its kinda burnt but cylinder 4 is badly burned. is this a big deal of a problem. can this be why the car chokes and dies.? and how can we fix it.

the choking is like when we are driving and some out it just chokes the rpm doest goes up but it does go down very very slowly if we press on the gas. then it dies. good thing is if it does drive it gets into gear smoothly and runs smoothly.. just onces it chokes(after 5-10 mins), the engine would most of the time it just dies right afterward and we have to start it back up again. If we start the car and not drive it. it'll be fine. but if we rev it a while it dies out too but thats from vigorous reving
we dont kno what the problem might be..
please help me solve this problem. so tired of working on the car and not being able to drive it.
ps: if someone can post their aim sn on or send it to me privately so i can talk to them about it would be coo too! my aim sn is ham5o4 and thats a o not a zero.
Fulldragcrx

Post by Fulldragcrx »

What's the year, model of the car?
What's the year of the B16a?
what ECU are you running?
What distrubutor did you bolt on to the engine?
Why was the distributor replaced in the first place?
What is the fuel pressure at idle and 2500 rpm?
What is the ignition timing set at?
WIND

Post by WIND »

sorry about tat i forgot to put what car i have.. its a b16a with hydro tranny going into a 94 civic catchback. i'm forgot whats the code for the ecu but its a 5 speed one i've even swap the ecu to a 94 integra ls and it still mess up. i installed a new but same distributor(td44u). car ides fine. did the valves, and everything. i just cant figure out whats the problem is and my ecu isnt throwing any codes either.. only once and it was code 23. but it dissappeared and never showed up again. i never checked the pressure of the gas. but hopefully we can do that today. it cant be a fuel pressure problem though can it?? i mean i raned some fuel system cleaners in there.