Hondata 2b with JR supercharged H22a4

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
bkw97lude

Hondata 2b with JR supercharged H22a4

Post by bkw97lude » Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:11 am

I've got a 97 Prelude with a JR Supercharger @ 6psi. I'm having the following installed this week. Hondata 2b, RC 440cc injectors, OBDII to OBDI harness, P28 ECU already chipped with base maps, and Hondata IM Gasket. My question is with the 440cc injectors will I need a Fuel Pressure Regulator to raise my fuel pressure up? If so, can I use the Jackson Racing supplied Pressure Regulator or would you advise getting another one? If so which one would you suggest? Also can you suggest anything else that would help me out with this setup? Thanks in advance....

ronin

Post by ronin » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:26 pm

whoa, easy with the jr boost dependant riser. its there to bump pressure to over-duty the injectors so you don't have to replace them. the hondata ecu, with 440cc injectors should be able to take care of the additional fuel needs. i forgot this when i swapped my injectors, and changed my pulley on my ls, saw fun fuel pressures as high as 90psi at wot... that and my plugs all fouled in about 200 feet and there was lots of smoke coming out...
Long live the silver box!

bkw97lude

Post by bkw97lude » Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:01 am

Ok, so with the upgraded fuel pump, stock fuel pressure regulator and 440cc injectors with hondata I should be able to have a good idle fuel pressure? Or do I need to get a 1:1 Fuel pressure regulator such as an AEM to bump the idle pressure up/down? I realize that after this point the Hondata will control the fuel.

ronin

Post by ronin » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:56 pm

with a walboro, and 440's, and stock regulator i have had no problems with getting enough fuel. you should be ok without purchasing a riser, but some of them help to make your engine bay prettier. the only thing you really need is a pressure gauge to know what to set your base fuel pressure to. and it might be a little easier to rough tune by adjusting your fuel pressure with a regulator, but hondata will take care of it.

in fact my last maps we couldn't lean out over 7300 (LS) and was rich enough to run 10.5: a/f at 8500 with the samr fueling setup on hondata.
i spent alot of time on my JRSC.
Long live the silver box!