Injector Cutoff, Funky Ignition & IAT Sensor...

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
turbo_civic_si

Injector Cutoff, Funky Ignition & IAT Sensor...

Post by turbo_civic_si »

I did a datalog a little while ago and things do so weird stuff. My ignition looks funky as well as my IAT sensor. Then when I tapped the throttle, i get a problem with spikes in my duty cycle giving me a very rich condition. any help here?
Attachments
12.20.2005-1.P72.bin
My Current Bin File
(32 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
12.20.2005-1.rec.bin
Datalog file, You will need to rename to *.rec :)
(192.05 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I see a few strange things...first look at your air pressure and the battery voltage....i'm seeing up to 20 volts at times ...during these times I also see the air pressure go from 1800 mb to well over 3000 mb. You may have a problem with a ground some where that is corroded or loose. This is causeing a reference voltage error that is making the ecu see voltage spikes. Make sure that your ground on the thermostat housing is secure as this will cause some very strange things to happen. Also if you have an after maprket ignition system...remove it and use the stock to see if the problem goes away.

You may also want to try using a different ecu as the one yo have may be damaged or on it's way out...this is something to try in the process of elimination.
turbo_civic_si

Post by turbo_civic_si »

stock engine, 3 bar map, 1000cc injectors. i was looking in on it possibly being a ground so i made several new grounds and replaced a few. i have a 4 or a 2 gauge cable from my battery ground to the engine also in hopes of something. last time i had the ground on the waterneck loose, car wouldn't start. that was one of the first grounds i checked.