Zex nitrous wiring

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
j90crx

Zex nitrous wiring

Post by j90crx »

Dose ANYONE have an exact diagram or instructions on how to wire zex unit to hondata( I'm Not the best at wiring but i can follow a scamatic), I talked to zex tec and he was unsure, Do you still use white TPS wire from Box?? Someone out there must have wired this sucessfully, PLEASE help me. How do you wire zex without using all their fueling stuFF

Thank For any help
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will need to connect it as a dry kit...since zex uses a box of tricks, it is impossible to say what does or does not need to be hooked up. They should be able to tell you what wires operate the nitrous solenoid only. After you figure that part out, use the wiring diagram located at http://www.hondata.com/technitrousdiagram.html

Alternatively, you could just forget about using thier box and buy a regular nitrous solenoid.
j90crx

Post by j90crx »

Ok I called zex and talked to one of the guys who designed the system, you follow the hondata scimatic very closely only you take 87 from relay and run it two either white TPS switch, or to red power wire from box, Then you must take out the regulator and manifold fittings from the side of the zex box and plug them with 1/8 inch plugs.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

I use a Zex Dry Kit and a S200 in a B18C1. I trie to explain in my bad english. I make this to work:

- The arm switch go direct to the ECU (Ground to activated the N2O options in the Hondata)
- The ECU (Hondata) output (a ground sygnal) go to a relay.
- The out of the relay (a 12V sygnal) go to a Y where 1 part go direct to the + input of the Zex box, and the other go to a voltage converter. This voltage converter convert from 12V to 5V (the same as a TPS signal).

Using this, the Zex unit think that the throtle is at 100% (5V sygnal) and the arm is On (the original arm is a 12V sygnal) and activated only in the moment the hondata make the activation.

In my instalation I don't use the other compensations that Zex have for the bottle level or vacuum. I only change the jets for the N2O if I like to have more juice.

I think this can help you
j90crx

Post by j90crx »

I have searches high and low, I give up where can i find a voltage converter, The closest thing i found was a converter that went in a cigerette lighter at radio shack Thank You