leaning out

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
planetspeed

Post by planetspeed »

you said you're ecu is fine so no compensation issues here..I assume your fuel system is working fine and can support the HP you're aiming.Try checking your electrical system e.g pump voltage, charging voltage and battery voltage..your fuel pump needs the current to run the needed fuel volume and pressure at max power..simple grounding are often the usual suspects we miss to check that could attribute to low voltage..Goodluck!
garbergeoff@hotmail.com

Post by garbergeoff@hotmail.com »

planetspeed wrote:you said you're ecu is fine so no compensation issues here..I assume your fuel system is working fine and can support the HP you're aiming.Try checking your electrical system e.g pump voltage, charging voltage and battery voltage..your fuel pump needs the current to run the needed fuel volume and pressure at max power..simple grounding are often the usual suspects we miss to check that could attribute to low voltage..Goodluck!
Fuel pressure is 38psi at idle and at 10psi its over 55 and it climbs with boost, so correct me if i'm wrong but the volume should be good. I have a walbro intank pump as well as a MSD inline electric pump.
planetspeed

Post by planetspeed »

Why are you running two pumps?I think the 255walbro alone will support your hp needs.try taking out the msd inline pump and drive the car the same when you experience the acceleration stumble..in this way, you can isolate if the msd pump is causing the problem.msd inline pumps are noisy since they are mounted externally.running an intank pump is more silent not to mention a cleaner setup..hope it helps.
garbergeoff@hotmail.com

Post by garbergeoff@hotmail.com »

planetspeed wrote:Why are you running two pumps?I think the 255walbro alone will support your hp needs.try taking out the msd inline pump and drive the car the same when you experience the acceleration stumble..in this way, you can isolate if the msd pump is causing the problem.msd inline pumps are noisy since they are mounted externally.running an intank pump is more silent not to mention a cleaner setup..hope it helps.
There is no acceleration stumble, it runs good and pulls hard.......just starts to lean out of 10psi of boost. As stated fuel pressure does not drop at all with boost just rises, i would think that would eliminate any fuel issues pump issues i would think. I appreciate the help, any other suggestions keep them coming