idle problem when switch to closed loop

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
EITCP

idle problem when switch to closed loop

Post by EITCP »

Hi there

I got one major problem all the time.
The car i have is civic '94 B16A2 with JRSC equipped and S200 with boost (rom editor V4 etc).
The car runs just great when it is tuned in open loop. But when i switch to closed loop it just dies and AF ratio goes up to 19. I did tried to change my o2 narrow band sensor but problem still exist. Even if i tune my idle to around 15:1 i still get hicckups (hesitations), especially in light load (throttle). I am affraid that AF ratio changes (to lean) in full throttle runs too. that is why i drive it in open loop all the time, but fuel consumtion goes up a lot.

Any suggestions???

PS: There is nothing changed with my wire harness and WBo2 sensor i have plugged in extra hole on the exhaust so it can not mess with narrowband output.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What vehicle is this in?
EITCP

Post by EITCP »

civic 3dr, year 1994 with B16A2 swap.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Sounds like something may be wired incorrectly. You may also have a bad o2 sensor or the incorrect o2 sensor. Use process of elimination to narrow down where the problem lies. Youse a frineds car to swap things into.
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Hello EITCP,

It's seems that I have the same problem... Everything ok in open loop and then when switching in closed loop, the short term compensate to about +20% fuel... Like my map is really too lean at idle and column 1... but in open loop I am at 14.7...

Did you find something about this problem?

Thanks
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Hello EITCP,

I was fooled by the fact to entry my wideband signal in the O2 input. I had all tuned in open loop everythink ok but when swith in closed loop it was around 30% too lean column 1 and 2 and 20% 3 and 4 and so on till 8% too lean at WOT. (not boosted)

So if you made the same mistake as me, re-do a map and when swith to closed that should be Ok :wink:

Gil