CEL after s200 map

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
japerformance

CEL after s200 map

Post by japerformance »

Just finished mapping a B16b and everything is fine car runs a treat , however the cel light is on all the time and there is nothign showing in error codes etc and car runs fine. it is a p28 ecu one a conversion harness from obd 2b to obd 1

any ideas anyone

;)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you datalogging when checking the error codes?
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

Hello Spunkster, yep i certainly was ;) i did burn a new rom and stick it in and it was the same, i then put the romulator back on and loaded a new file base map and still the engine light was staying on with no error codes. I then got another p28 ecu and hooked that up with the base map and walla the engine light went out. I then connected the original ecu and the light comes on so i have to put it down to a faulty ecu :(

but it works fine

;)

cheers
hybrid_eg6

Post by hybrid_eg6 »

i have the same problem but my ecu is a p72, car run great, but i dont have a laptop to check cel and i would not even know were to begin, i'm a noob, i did not get a cd with my s200, am i supose to? or do i just download from the website the only way i know how to check the cel is to jump the service wire with a paperclip, when i do that the cel goes off and when i pull it out the cel comes back on? i wish my laptop working, can any help me?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Is the light on the interface flashign or solid? Has your dealer burned a basemap? If the light is flashing, you should contact yoru tuner and get it tuned on the dyno and have them check it out for you.
hybrid_eg6

Post by hybrid_eg6 »

Spunkster wrote:Is the light on the interface flashign or solid? Has your dealer burned a basemap? If the light is flashing, you should contact yoru tuner and get it tuned on the dyno and have them check it out for you.
its solid, the tuner did put a map to run my setup, its not a base map. its set to run stage 2 cams, i/h/e etc.. the only thing is that the cams are not in yet, from the get go the car was running very rich and when i plug in the hondata ecu the car runs much better, idles very well, pulls harder than ever before without the cams, the only thing is that the cel comes on when the car has been started for 30 secs, yesterday it didnt even come on-went on a 10min drive, but when i turned it off then started again it turned back on so i dont whats going on? plus my tuner lives in Ca. and i live in alaska!! is it because we have 90 octane vs 92 or is it the knock sensor man i wish that my laptop was working.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

SInce you do not have a tuner local to you , you should just upgrade to the s300 so you will be able to make changes yoruself and take it to a local dyno shop near you. Trying to get your car to run off someone elses basemap from another state and climate is not the way to do it.