info needed please

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Jmvtec

info needed please

Post by Jmvtec »

I just recently purchased a car that has hondata s200 (serial number s200-4031) and it came with a cable and a demo CD ... i wanted to raise my rpms on some a few of the 3step revs so i downloaded ROM4 and it didnt work , so i ended up talking to one of my buddies and he said i had to run version 3 or something like that for that cable ... my question is, is there anyway i can adjust those lil things without having to pay a tuner 250$ and just doing it myself ?! any advice would help thanx

edit: i tried gainging access to V3 by joining the usergroups but was denied because it is a s200d-3 ... no clue what that means ??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You do not own Romeditor, so you will have to either purchase Romeditor 4, or upgrade to an s300 if you wish to t une yourself. I would recommend the s300 as it is easier to use and has many more features. Your only other option is to take it to a Dealer to have them make the changes you would like to make.
Jmvtec

Post by Jmvtec »

man that stinks i dont have any dealers in oklahoma ... is it true that in order to tune s300 yourself you have to have some kind of chip though ??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The s300 does not require any chips or other programmers. It comes with the software needed.
Jmvtec

Post by Jmvtec »

well what i think i'll do so i dont have to go through the hassle of taking out the hondata and putting a new one in and setting that all up ... i think i'll just buy rom4 ... since none of those dealers are in my state, is there anyway i can purchase it from this site or anywhere else ??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you do the upgrade to the s300, there really is no hassle. http://www.hondata.com/s300upgradeform.html

It will be a bigger hassle for you to have to purchase software and hardware to be able to burn roms for an s200. It will also be more expensive.
Jmvtec

Post by Jmvtec »

i already have all the hardware and wideband and ostrich and stuff to tune it myself .. i just need to be able to talk to the hondata s200 ... so i need the software lol