can't get information from s200

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
ITR 1102

can't get information from s200

Post by ITR 1102 »

I found out that I had the interface cable plugged in backwards, so now the red led light flashes... It is not solid as it should be.

My program seems to be running, however the check engine light is on and solid. There are no codes. I have tried a second ecu, and the same problem persists.
ITR 1102

S200 wont connect while S100 will. Cant retrieve S200 option

Post by ITR 1102 »

ITR 1102 wrote:I found out that I had the interface cable plugged in backwards, so now the red led light flashes... It is not solid as it should be.

My program seems to be running, however the check engine light is on and solid. There are no codes. I have tried a second ecu, and the same problem persists.
Problem was in the chip. Reburned and now the CEL is gone.
However:

The S100 connects (LED turns on with key, flashes one time and then stays solid as long as the key is on).

The S200 flashes continuously.... The speed of the flashes is not always the same... What would this indicate? (I am still unable to retrieve serial # and options from the S200 box). Is it faulty?
I have tried using a brand new interface cable, 3 diff. ecu's - all returning the same results.

Help me out here guys.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may have damaged the interface box by plugging the cable in incorrectly. You will have to call to obtain an RMA number. The cost of replacing a dmaged interface box is $100.
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

I called and got an RMA number, but was told that I needed to send in an ecu with it... Whoever I talked to told me that there is no way to be certain that it is a faulty s200 without sending it in with a $100 diagnostic fee.

If my S100 works and the S200 does not, no matter which ecu it is on, wouldn't that be a bad interface box?

I would hate to send it in and pay $100 for it to be tested only to return to me and have the same problem...

What can I do on my end before going through all of that?
Like I said, the S100 connects, and I can datalog when using a Crome map.

Suggestions?
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

I shipped the s200 and one of my ecu's today...

Hopefully this will get taken care of.
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

Got the ecu / blue box back today.
I did not get an invoice or any papers / description with the package which disappointed me to say the least. Upon calling, I was told that the S200 performed fine and that the problem was the ecu. They swapped out my datalogging header and supposedly added more solder to a couple places becuase there was not enough...

I Plugged it in with the interface cable supplied and the led was solid. swapped interface cables thinking that was what the problem was => solid, but then started to flash a little. I put the new supplied cable back on and the s200 still flashes. Now I am officially disappointed.. It now always has a flashing led.
I swapped ecu's and got the same results. As stated on the RMA form, I have 3 working ecu's including a Hondata chipped / OBD converted P28 that can run my (2) S100's perfectly, but won't allow the S200 to connect.

I took video this evening to show this.
When connecting the S200 to the RE4 cable and laptop, it shows online; however, there is not any ecu information. It does not show the S200 serial # or the datalogging / boost options.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1467504

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1467582

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1467547

Will be calling back tomorrow.
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

I was told that I could sent the S200 back under the same RMA number to be looked at again. I will be doing this, however, I am going to try something else first. I have a couple different S200 units on the way that I am going to try out first. If they will not connect either, then there would be no point in sending mine in again; however, if they do, then mine will be returned.

I am just using this thread to document this problem, and perhaps it will help someone else someday who is experiencing the same problem.
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

This video explains it all.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1467504

I am sending the S200 back in with the same RMA number for REPLACEMENT.

The borrowed unit works while mine does not....