o2 voltage is always 3.8 in logger

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
brokenojoke

o2 voltage is always 3.8 in logger

Post by brokenojoke »

Car is 89 civic with b16 using s200.

No check engine light or codes thrown, yet the voltage is always 3.8 in my logger. Car also seems like it runs rich. Plugs are pretty black.

I've been trying to fix this all day and no luck. I checked all my wiring many times.

Hers's what I have. It's a cheezy bosch 4 wire o2. Two wires are white, one black, and one grey. The two white wires are the heater wires. One of them goes directly to a6, and the other a 12v source switched off ignition. Grey is the ground wire and it has continuity from it to d22 or chassis ground. The black wire is the signal wire and goes to D14.

From what I see in my helms that is correct. I ohmed the two white (heater) wires on the o2 and only get 3.8ohm. It's supposed to be between 10-40ohm. Would that cause this? Do I need a new o2 anyway?

I removed the s200 from the EF car and put it in my street car. It's a 95 civic with JDM B18c. No codes have been thrown in that car for over a year, so I'm pretty confident the wiring is good. Anyway, the voltage changed when I ran the s200 on the EG. It stayed between 0v and 1.v while taking it for a spin around the block.

Any help would be great.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

For something like this you really need to take it to a shop that is familiar with engine swaps and trouble shooting wiring issues.
brokenojoke

3.8v for o2 in logger

Post by brokenojoke »

Replaced O2 with new OEM unit and it ran fine. After a minute or two of idle time after I replaced it the voltage in the logger slowly dropped to the 1v neighborhood.

Yeehaw!

:o