s200 with p75 on b16?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
delsollover

s200 with p75 on b16?

Post by delsollover »

p75 w/ s200 hondata on b16a turbo? my question is . is it going to work? i got it on ebay the s200 with p75 all installed and i just got my b16a turboed.. its running good up to 5500rpm and than nothing.. maybe i just need some tuning coz its too reach or not enough fuel but maybe the ECU p75 is not good with my vtec or my engine.. and if so... can i some how add a vtec with hondata or should i use my p30 ECU and move the s200 from the p75 to p30, by the way will i need any extra parts if i have to move the hondata from the p75 to the p30 or can i just unsolder and solder from p75 to p30? thanks a lot
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The P75 is non-vtec. With the s200 you cannot just use an alternate VTEC outpup. You will need to use a VTEC ECU such as a P28 or P30. YOu should not attempt to desolder the components from one ecu and transfer them to another ecu as you will more than likely damage the components as well as the ecu. You will be much bettter off just getting a socketing kit from a Hondata dealer or having someone else socket the ecu for you.
delsollover

:)

Post by delsollover »

thanks a lot. well i am in east Europe so there is no hondata or any stores or tuners here so thats the problem but i am gonna use my p30 and install honaata on it. my question now is.. what components can i use because my p30 has chip in thre already instraled here is a pic of the 2 ECUs one with hodanta www.theuniqueartist.com/ecu.jpg thanks again
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will be much better off just upgrading to the s300. This will give you full ability to tune and datalog as well as use alternate vtec outputs.

There is a complete list of compatible OBD1 ecus at http://www.hondata.com/ecus.html
delsollover

yup

Post by delsollover »

thanks, i am sure the s300 is a lot better but i live in east Europe and there is no place where u can just buy hondata.. i was in US and i got the s200 and now i am trying to make it work with my b16a turbo setup thats all, it came with p75 but its just so no right for my setup and engine so i will use my p30 ECU and install it there, could you just tell me by looking at the picture above what do i have to instral in my p30 to make hondata work with it? just the socket for the hondata cable? your help is greatly apritiate it!
marlborocars

Post by marlborocars »

1-Email Hondata the # of your S200 box and ask for what is enable in your box.
2-If the box have boost and dataloging enable buy the RomEditor 4 and tune your car.
3-If you have a basic S200 you have to purchase the boost and dataloging options.

Mod to your ecu.
Solder the 4 pin on the CN2 spot and remove the J12
delsollover

thankss

Post by delsollover »

WOW thats what i am calling a real help, thanks a lot bro, by the way i do have dataloging i know coz i already logged one test drive file withHondaLoggerV3-6-4. I just dont understand why are you telling me to buy the romeditor4 when its free to download on their site? i download it and i am using it and it looks like it works fine, i haven't made any changes to the s200 with it coz i wasn't sure how but i will try.And thank you so so so much for your help, you gave me the answer i was looking for weeks in those forums !
marlborocars

Post by marlborocars »

This is what you need
Attachments
romeditor4serialcable.jpg
romeditor4serialcable.jpg (46.11 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
delsollover

hey

Post by delsollover »

ok i went to the store and got this kind of cable that came with drivers but the romeditor is still not working, asking for serial number? is it possible that romeditor4 works only with hondata usb/serial cable? I did install the hondata on my p30 ECU so i have Vtec and everything, i got chip burner, eprom, and emulator .I have boost and stage 3 on my s200 .if cable thing doesnt work i guess i can just edit maps with romeditor and save them as a file and jsut record the file on my eprom. is that going to work?
marlborocars

Post by marlborocars »

The romeditor 4 only works with the hondata cable and the romeditor 4 don't save the bin until the right cable is plug in the pc.
delsollover

:)

Post by delsollover »

oh i see. By the way is it just the bin file that needs to be recorded in the EPROM? for example i have an eprom so i have to delete everything in there and record just one bin file and thats it?
bgpmpn

Post by bgpmpn »

i have a p75 ecu with s200 in my hatch with a built b18c1 and i have vtec
bgpmpn