what do i need to get s200 up and running

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Hellbert

what do i need to get s200 up and running

Post by Hellbert »

i bought an engine off a rich kid that his parents bought this engine tranny and comp. for had no clue what he had. it came with a hondata s200 computer with a basemap for the engine. i have a turbo kit put together and im ready to put it on the car but i need to figure out how hondata works befor i do it. i have a lot of expirence with crome and turboedit and stuff like that but not hondata. i sent an e-mail trying to get the RE3 but apparently my system doesnt have it or soemthing i dont know. what do i need to do to get to where i can tune with it? i have a moates ostrich and burner from past cars but i still must be missing something as i cant get what i downloaded in the downloads section to connect other than the logger. thanks in advance for any info
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It would be $200 to purchase Romeditor 4, but you will be much better off just upgrading to the s300 as it is easier to tune and has more features than the discontinued s200.
Hellbert

Post by Hellbert »

i downloaded RE4 in the downloads section? whats up with that? i dont have the 500 bucks or whatever it is to upgrade. if i have to ill switch to something else, i would really like to use hondata but if there is no support then ill switch. can i not use the RE4 that i have now?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you have not purchased it, then you cannot use the software.
Hellbert

Post by Hellbert »

why is it in the downloads section then if i cant use it to tune my car?
Hellbert

Post by Hellbert »

that wasnt meant to sound like an A hole by the way, i read it and realized that thats how it sounded it was actually an honest question. thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Anyone can download it to see how it works, and to use if your car was tuned with RE4 to datalog, but if you wish to use it to tune with you must purchase it to fully unlock it.

At this point it is really only there for dealers, as the s300 is a far suprior system and is actually cheaper if you wish to tune your own vehicle.
Hellbert

Post by Hellbert »

well seeing as how i already have everything but the liscense thats why im trying to figure out how to use it. but after reading more about the s300 i think i may make the upgrade to the s300. i didnt get far enough into it to see but are all the add ons that the 200 had already unlocked with the 300? my 200 has everything unlocked and if i can order it and get it all for the $4**.00 ill do it i reckon. how do i do that? do i send what i have now ecu and blue box to yall and i get back the 300 ready to go in? can i get the map i have now put on the 300 so i can bolt it back in? is there a link i can go to to read more about all this mess im gonna do some more searching now to find out a little more and find the spacifics on it. thanks a lot
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Complete details of the s300 upgrade can be found at http://www.hondata.com/s300upgradeform.html

All options are included wiht the s300.